Chapter Thirteen

God I was so warm. My gods everything was so warm. I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. Somehow, subconsciously, I knew opening my eyes would remind me of my situation and I didn't need that right now. I needed to be away, I needed to rest, I needed to guiltlessly throw my guards to the floor. I wanted to stop fighting. Just for once. Needed to stop fighting.

I felt the effect of years of restlessness balanced on my shoulders. Felt the warmth of home in my bones, in my guts. How good it felt to feel so snug, warm, protected and secure. Nothing could hurt me now. I could sleep. I could relax.

A smile pulled on my lips as I drank in the warmth I was experiencing. Do I use the word warm a lot? How could I describe it as anything else. I could try to find another word for it yet in the end that was the only one I needed. I was so warm. Joy tingling around the walls of my heart.

My mind wandered as I tried to remember how I got here. I was feeling faded, my mind coming in and out of consciousness.

I took Roy home... Lit a fire... We were dancing to that song by Jarod...

I searched my brain for answers. Why was I... It all came flooding back at once and suddenly that same cloud of weight fell upon my shoulders again. I remembered the crying, my own pathetic sobbing. How he forced me to follow and held my arms so far above me that I now had sore muscles.

He took me. The fucker wanted me back after all he'd done to me. That asshole just fucking kidnaps me. I was too pissed to breath.

My eyes flickered open and I squinted through the light of the bright room before my eyes came into focus. I twisted onto my side and there was a digital clock on the bedside table, it was didn't seem to be working but judging by the dull light outside the lamp lit room I had been sleeping way over what I hoped. I had been so taken with the chance at undisturbed slumber I never thought to try to reason and wake myself.

I groaned softly. Where were we going from here? Would he expect me to stay? Could I escape? Was he genuinely going to force me to stay by his side? I was stronger now. He may be an alpha and the pack members I had yet to recognize may be mi nature hulks but I would take them all on.

My hands traced the soft covers a little before moving up towards my face with the intent of rubbing the bleariness out of my eyes.

I jumped at the sound I made and then jumped once more at the sight of the things around my wrists. Holyshit. I was in chains. I had fucking chains around my wrists... Like not even thin chains, huge clunky chains you see in those horror movies. What. The. Fuck.

This had to be some kind of awful joke. WHAT ASSHOLE CHAINS THEIR MATE? God dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit! What the fuck Castus, what the fuck?!

I checked to see my legs were free and turned best I could to see how the chains connected from the wall behind the bed. There was a metal panel about the size of a pair of sockets that the chains were clipped to, they were pulled around the frame of the bed and clipped to each side of it giving my just about too little room to reach my eyes and clanging terribly loudly every time I attempted to.

What was he thinking? What was he thinking chaining me like this?

The loud clanging no doubt woke everyone in the... Well the wherever the hell I was, I couldn't make it out from the room I was in.

I mean it had no windows, there was a large panel TV hanging above the mantel piece about four meters away. Two sofa chairs. The bed I was in was nothing but comfort and the rug was a night time dark blue. Honestly the room was beautiful and not in anyway pretentiously designed like I'd expect of Castus.