Chapter One

Shailene's POV

"Do you have any organic applesauce?" I asked the Whole Foods employee.

"Yup. In isle 4." The lady replied. She looked quite young, maybe early twenties. Her hair was brown like chocolate. Her smile was perfect, and her face was flawless. She was kind of short but it didn't matter.

I started to walk away just as she started to ask me a question.

"Hey." She said. "Are you Shailene Woodley?"

I turned around to see her smiling brightly at me with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah." I answered, returning the smile. "Would you like an autograph?"

"OMG YASSSS!" She yelled. "I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH! ME AND MY BEST FRIEND DIANA ADMIRE YOU! SHE IS GONNA BE SOOOOO JEALOUS!"

I giggled. "Well I'll give her an autograph too."

"OH MY GOSH THANKS SO MUCH!" She yelled.

I grabbed a pen and took some napkins from a holder on the cash register. I quickly scribbled Shailene Woodley in big letters on the two napkins. I decided to add my number to one. 518-862-9947.

I handed the napkins to her.

"OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE SHAILENE WOODLEY'S PHONE NUMBER!" She yelled.

"Call me anytime." I said. I was about to turn away when I added, "What's your name?"

"Julia." She smiled.

I waved and walked to isle 4.

"There they are." I sighed picking up the applesauce.

I quickly checked my watch, 11:00 am.

Today I am trying out for a movie. It's called Divergent. I am trying out for Tris, the main character. The audition starts at 1:00 so I have to move quick.

I payed the cashier and walked, half ran, out of the market.

-2 hours later-

I walked into the Pacifica Hotel and saw a long table with many people sitting at it. I had been to multiple auditions before so I knew what to do.

"Shailene Woodley." I said to one of the woman sitting at the table.

She looked through her list and checked off my name.

"You're all set," she said to me with a smile.

"Thanks." I replied. "So, you like this job?"

"Um it's kind of boring but I get paid good money so it's good for now." She replied.

"For now?" I curiously asked.

"Yeah, you know. Until you get married, have kids, grow old." She said with a smile. " Don't you ever think about who your gonna marry and be with forever?"

"Actually no." I said. "I don't really want to get married. I like being free, not having to be tied down."

"Oh." she sighed.