Chapter Thirty-Six

Shai's POV

The past week has been amazing. Theo has taken me to see so many places. We went to see the Eiffel Tower, obviously, and we also went to a cafe, a patisserie, and we went on a boat ride in the Seine. I couldn't possibly ask for anything more. We've gone out to eat every night at beautiful, and probably expensive, restaurants. The food here is to die for. Everything is so well made and just looking at it makes my mouth water.

Right now Theo and I are on our way home from, yet another, fabulous dinner. We have been silent most of the ride, but its not an awkward silence. It's comfortable.

"Hey," Theo says. "We're in Paris too."

At first I am confused by what he is talking about, but then I see the song about to play on the radio is called Paris by the Chainsmokers.

"Yeah," I smile.

"Well, lets hear it," Theo turns up the volume.

We were staying in Paris,

To get away from your parents.

And I thought "Wow,

If i could take this and a shot right now,

I don't think that we could work this out."

Out on the terrace.

I don't know if it's fair, but

I thought how I let you fall by yourself

While I'm wasted with someone else.

"Well this song really has nothing to do with Paris," Theo says.

I laugh, but we continue listening anyway.

If we go down then

We go down together.

They'll say you could do anything.

They'll say that I was clever.

If we go down

Then we go down together.

We'll get away with everything,

Let's show them we are better.

We continue listening to the song, and by the time it's finished we arrive back at our little house. I have grown to love the house even more than I did when we first got here. It's so perfect. The smell, the size, the layout, everything is so adorable.

I unbuckle and Theo comes around to open my door for me.

"Why thank you, kind sir," I say in my best British accent.

"You're very welcome, madame," Theo says, chuckling at my bad attempt.

"Dinner was delicious," I say. "Thank you."

"Anything for my beautiful wife," Theo takes my hand and we walk towards the house.

"I love it here," I say. "It's so beautiful and peaceful. I never want to leave. Let's just stay here forever. What do you say?"

"As much as I'd love that, we have things to do back home." Theo laughs.

"Like what? Nothing we can't work out. Come on, let's just leave all our troubles and worries back in California. We can just live here and not have to worry about anything ever again It'll be loads of fun." I smile.