Chapter Forty-One

Theo's POV

Lauren just arrived at our house from the airport and Shai is helping her settle in to our guest room. She gets along so well with everyone. It makes me happy that she likes my family.

I am cooking dinner when Shai and Lauren walk into the kitchen.

"Mmmmm," Shai smiles. "What are you making?"

"Pasta," I say.

She wraps her arm around my waist and places a quick kiss on my lips. I look over at Lauren and she has a disgusted look on her face. Shai and I laugh, as I turn back to the stove.

"So," I say. "How's everyone doing back home?"

" Pretty good," Lauren replies. "Brianna looks like she's about to burst, though. She's past her due date, and she's freaking out about it."

"I bet the baby will be born any day now," Shai says.

"Yeah," Lauren sighs. She starts to fiddle with her phone and gets a text.

Shai and I smile at each other and Lauren gives us a glance.

"What?" She asks blushing.

"Here," Shai says, grabbing a piece of paper. "This is Tanner's address, how about you surprise him?"

"But he lives like two hours away," Lauren sighs.

"Lauren, it's only 4:00," I say. "You'll be there in no time."

Lauren grins and hops out of her chair.

"Thank you!" She says, hugging Shai.

~Time Lapse~

Shai's POV

After Lauren left Theo and I ate dinner together. Once we finished we decided to watch some tv. We were snuggling on the couch when
I decided to make some cookies.

I walk into the kitchen and open our pan cabinet. Immediately all the pans fall out on the floor. I groan and reach to pick one up.

"Woah, woah, woah," Theo says running over to me and scooping me up in his arms.

He places me down on the floor near the island and i am confused as to what he's doing.

He begins picking up the mess and says, "Shai, you need to be careful remember?"

I sigh. Theo needs to stop being so cautious. I'm fine, I can do these thing myself.

"Theo, " I say. "I can pick up a pan myself."

"No," he says. "No you can't."

"I'm not crippled!" I yell, getting angry. "I can still do things for myself. I barely even have a bump!"

"Shai, you need to be careful with everything. The last thing we want is to hurt the baby."

"I'm not going to hurt the baby!"

"Shai," Theo sighs. "I'm just trying to help."

"Well maybe I don't want your help, okay?"

I walk off to our bedroom and slam the door behind me. I quickly change out if my clothes and into my pajamas.

I'm just so frustrated. Theo doesn't need to do everything, I'm capable of doing things too.

I lay on my side of the bed and turn the tv on. I flip through the channels but don't find anything worth watching. Eventually I just give up and turn the tv off.

I pull the covers up to my chin and close my eyes. After a few minutes of laying there I begin to feel sad. I wish Theo were laying with me. I wish he were there so I could tell him I loved him.

I begin to cry and I wipe my eyes. I feel so bad. I overreacted big time. I know Theo was only trying to help, and I made him feel terrible.

I hear the door slowly open and pretend to be asleep. I hear Theo change his clothes and go to the bathroom before slipping into bed.

He wraps his arm around my waist. I roll over and place my hands on his chest.

"Theo," I say. "I'm so sorry."

"No," He says. "I'm sorry. J need to stop being so protective. You can do things too. I'm just nervous about all this. It's very new to me."

"Me too, Theo," I say. "I'm sorry I overreacted. I love the way you already care for this baby."

"I love you, Shailene," He smiles.

"I love you, Theodore," I say, kissing his lips.

He deepens the kiss but I pull away.

"I love you," I whisper. "But I need sleep."

Theo groans and I laugh. He places a final kiss on my forehead before I turn back over and fall asleep.

~Time Lapse~

I wake up to the sun shining through the window. I roll over to avoid the sun and see Theo is not next to me. I hear his voice coming from the hallway. He's probably on the phone.

I close my eyes and try to fall back asleep, but the door opens and Theo walks in. I sit up and smile at him.

"Guess what?" he says.

"What?" I ask.

"Last night, Edward and Brianna's little girl was born!" He beams.

"Oh my goodness!" I exclaim. "Do you have a picture?"

"Mhmmm," Theo says, showing me his phone.

She's a adorable, and so small. Her cheeks are rosey, and her hair is brown.

"Awww," I say. "What's her name?"

"Juliette," Theo smiles.

"Oh, Theo, I can't wait till this is us!" I say.

"Me, too." He smiles.

"I love you so much," I say embracing him in a hug.

"I love you too," He says.
__________________________
Vote, Comment, All that good stuff

❤️BB