Chapter Forty-Two

Shai's POV

The past few months have been such a breeze. Theo has been helpful but not over caring, we've been talking about the baby so much, and our friends and family are so happy for us. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Lauren is still living with us, and her and Tanner are really hitting it off. I love that they are together. It just makes me so happy that Theo's family and mine blended so well.

Today is June 9th, and today Theo and I are going to find out the gender of our baby. We are so excited. I'm secretly hoping for a girl. Even though Theo won't say so, I know it's what he wants.

We are lying on the couch watching one of our favorite shows, Pretty Little Liars, when Lauren comes into the living room.

"Guys," she says. "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure," Theo replies, pausing the tv.

"So," she starts. "I just want to say thank you guys so much for letting me stay here. Tanner and I have been able to get to know each other so much better like this."

"It's no trouble, Lauren," I say. "You're welcome anytime."

"Well," She smiles. "Tanner has been thinking about getting his own place. And it is a hassle to drive an hour everyday just to see him so, we were thinking we could move in together."

"That's great!" Theo exclaims, hugging his sister.

"I really like him," Lauren says.

"I know he likes you a lot, too" I say.

Lauren smiles and I pickup my phone. I notice the time and jump up.

"Oh!" I exclaim. "Theo, we have to go!"

"What time is it?" he asks.

"1:15," I say. Our appointment is for 1:30.

"Oh my gosh, I guess we lost track of time," Theo says.

I grab my purse and give Lauren a quick hug before following Theo out the door.

~Time Lapse~

"Mr. and Mrs. Taptiklis," A nurse calls.

"That's us," Theo says, grabbing my hand and standing up.

"Right this way please."

We follow her down a long hallway and are brought to the same room we were in for our last appointment. Theo and I have been coming back for check ups every now and then. We just want everything to be perfect.

"Dr. Gropman will be in in just a moment," She says before leaving.

Once she's gone I look at Theo. This is it. This is what we've been waiting for. Today we'll find out if we're having a little boy or girl.

Of course I will love this baby no matter what the gender. I know Theo dreams of having a big family, so that's exactly what we'll do.

"Are you nervous?" Theo asks. He rubs his thumb across the back of my hand.

"A little," I sigh. "You?"

"A little."

I laugh and kiss his cheek.

"Everything will be fine. The baby will love us no matter what." I smile.

The door opens and Dr. Gropman walks in.

"How are we doing today?" He asks.

"Pretty good," Theo says ."A little nervous.

"Ahhh, that's normal. But, nothing to be nervous about."

Dr. Gropman turns his back to put on gloves, and I squeeze Theo's hand and we smile at each other.

"Okay," Says Dr.Gropman. "Who's ready to know the gender?"

"Meeee," I say. Theo laughs and I lay back.

Dr.Gropman places the now familiar cool gel on my stomach and i feel my heart beating out of my chest.

This is what i've always wanted. Theo and I have been waiting for this day for what feels like forever. I just can't believe this is actually happening.

It feels like just yesterday Theo and I were getting married. Now we're finding out the gender of our beautiful baby.

"Alright," Says the doctor. "Just give me a second....ahh, and it looks like you're having a beautiful baby girl."

My eyes well up with tears when I hear this. I lift my hand to my mouth and am about to sit up when he continues to talk.

"Hold on," He says. "It seems you're not only having one baby girl, but three."
__________________________
Triplets!! Ahhhhh!! I've been waiting to write this chapter forever. Sorry it's short but i wanted to get to the good stuff!!

Vote, Comment, all that.

❤️BB