Chapter Twenty-Eight

Theo's POV

We came back from England a few days ago. I am so happy everything went well. Shai loved everyone, and everyone loved her.

Since everything's been going on with us traveling, I totally forgot tomorrow is Christmas. I have spent so much time planning Shai's gift. She will love it, I am sure of it.

I pull into the parking lot of a small jewelry store. It's across from where we filmed Divergent. A man walks out and holds the door open for me. I thank him and walk inside the small shop.

For weeks I have been paying for Shai's gift. Today I put down the last payment and get to bring it home.

Just in time. If it was any later I wouldn't have had it by today.

A couple of weeks ago, Shai went to the ice skating rink with her best friend, Julia, so I came here looking for the perfect gift. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one for Shailene. The store owner told me the amount and I think my heart may have stopped, but I decided no price was too big for Shai's present.

The clerk isn't at the cash register so I ring the shiny bell. Almost instantly the man walks up front.

"Ahh," he begins. "You're back."

"Yup," I smile. "Today's the day."

"Finishing up your payments today?" He asks.

"Yeah." I pull out the last $75.00 and he counts it out to double check.

"Great," he says. "Now what's your name,sir?"

"Taptiklis," I say. "Theodore Taptiklis."

"Here we go!" He sighs, pulling a small package from under the desk.

"Thank you." I finish while picking up the bag.

Shai is at the grocery store so I have about one more hour to get everything ready.

Shai's POV

I can't believe I am so stupid! How could I have forgotten to buy food for Christmas dinner?

Theo had errands to run, so I am shopping alone. I assume he is last minute shopping. Tomorrow Ansel, Miles, Zoë, and Julia are coming over for dinner and to open presents.

For food I am planning on getting chips, dip, pigs in a blanket, strawberries, blueberries, and veggies for appetizers. Theo loves pigs in a blanket so I thought he would like that little surprise. I had to put out something healthy so fruits and veggies was my best option.

For the first course I am going to make everyone salad with the choices of onions, croutons, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and broccoli for toppings. If it was up to me I would have an all organic Christmas dinner, but nobody else likes that kind of food. So, I am going to make myself something separate.

As the main course I am making everyone a chicken and a turkey. We have so many people so I figure we will need a lot of food. Also, there will be stuffing, cranberry sauce, peas, corn, squash, rolls, mashed potatoes with gravy, and mixed vegetables. I am going to have penne pasta with broccoli, tomatoes, and olives.