Chapter Nine

Shai's POV

"SHAI!" Theo yells. "HOW COULD YOU!I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THAT!"

"Theo I-" I try to speak but he cuts me off.

"I TRUSTED YOU!" He has tears streaming down his perfect cheek bones."I THOUGHT YOU WERE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER GIRLS!"

"Theo I am-"

"Save it Shai." He almost whispers. "We are done."  He storms across the room and slams the door behind him.

****

I awoke with a start. Sweat was dripping down my chin.

It was just a dream.

I wipe the back of my hand across my forehead. I don't want to tell Theo, because he will be mad that I lied to him. He would be even more mad if I never told him and he found out though......but he never has to find out.

I am brought back to reality when I see a note on the nightstand next to my bed.

Shai,
Thanks for letting me stay at your place. Here is my number, talk to you soon.
992-6305
-Julia

I totally forgot she had stayed the night. My thoughts were all on Theo.

I should have told him when I found out, he should be able to know.

But now it's too late.

I rub my eyes and peal the comforter off my cold body. My toes tingle as the air hits them.

I walk to the bathroom and turn on the the jacuzzi. A morning bath always helps me relax and get ready for the day.

My mother always used to give me morning baths as a child so I guess I never got out of the routine.

I strip off my pajamas and step into the steaming basin and a sigh escapes my lips. I missed this. Since Theo has been at my house everyday I have not had the chance to take a bath.

Theo. I love him. I don't deserve him. He deserves better.

After about twenty minutes of pondering these thoughts I step out of the tub.

I hear my phone go off in the other room. Quickly I wrap a towel around my naked body, and go to grab my phone. I have a few missed calls from Theo and a text from an unknown number.

992-6305
Hey it's Julia. Wanna grab coffee tomorrow?

I quickly type a response and then go to find my clothes in the closet.

When I walk out of the closet I find myself in my favorite pair of light jeans, a tye-dye crop top, and white converse.

I pick up my phone and decide to call Theo. I plan to ask him to meet me somewhere and I will tell him.

Tell him I need to break up with him. That it's not him it's me.

No no no. That's so corny. That's what happens in all the movies.....but this is not a movie. This is my life, and I need to let Theo go.