Chapter 6

Sophie's POV

Saturday was exhausting. We all mostly qualified for finals. I had a few more races with Miss Bitchy but she mostly ignored me. I kept my promise to Will and forgave him. I was a bit curious about why he was like that but I didn't ask him or Henry.

Overall on Sunday I did pretty well. I won a few events along with a few second and third placings. Currently I am sitting in the call room with Em, Tori and Ruby waiting for the final for the girls' medley to be called. I was the last leg, the freestyle. Ruby gave us all a quick hug before jumping into the water for the backstroke leg.

I was jumping up and down on the side waiting for my turn. I think that Ruby made the turn at the other end in about third or fourth. Tori jumped up onto the block ready for her turn, the breaststroke leg. Ruby touched the wall and Tori dove in about third still.

Em was up on the block the moment that Tori had left. She was one of those people that just focus and don't talk to anyone. I gave Ruby a hug before returning to watching Em. She had maintained a steady pace so we were still about third.

Em jumped in for the butterfly leg. She was moving faster than the girl ahead of her so we were in second but the leader was quite a bit ahead. I checked that my goggles were in place before jumping up onto the block. The leader touched the wall and their final swimmer started. Em touched the wall seconds later and I jumped in.

I knew that I had to make up about three seconds. When I touched the other wall it looked like I was quite close to her. I started to move faster, giving it all to try and make up the gap. I wasn't sure how close I was to beating her but I knew the wall was close.

I touched the wall but didn't pull myself up out of the pool. I saw that we won and I almost sunk down into the water. I was so tired. Em helped me out and I hugged all three girls. We headed up to the rest of the team and they all hugged us as well. I pulled on my tracksuit and we headed down to the incredible long prize giving but luckily we had so many placings that it wasn't too boring.

"How was the trip?" Katy asked as we sat down before school on Monday.

Honestly I was thinking of skipping this because I was so sore and tired but I thought that I probably should come.

"It was fun but quite tiring," I said honestly.

All my answers about the trip had been quite short to make sure that I didn't make a mistake and I could mostly tell the truth as long as no one asked what we had been doing.

Christina joined us and we started talking about boys and other school gossip. Christina and I are convinced that Katy and Lucas should start dating. Both are popular and they both like each other but neither will admit it.

The bell rang before we got very far into convincing her that she should ask him on a date but I know that we will get there one day.

Will was sitting along in English.

"Where is Henry?" I asked.

"His Mother decided that he could have a day off to rest and he has been rubbing it in my face all morning," he groaned.

"Sucks, I was trying to think of a positive for you but I can't think of one," I laughed.

I loved spending time with Will. He was so easy to be around and he made me laugh which was a nice change from my normal friends. It always seems like I don't like my old friends but I do it's just now that I have other ones I realise how shallow and boring they are.

My maths teacher pulled me aside after class.

"I have someone that I would like you to tutor for maths," she said.