Chapter 18

Sophie's POV

I was somewhere that I thought that I would never go back to. I was in the studio where I dance. Dance for me was always the best way for me to get rid of my emotions and calm down. I knew that I wasn't supposed to dance but I need to do something I and I felt like I could dance. I wasn't in pointe shoes as I knew that was more dangerous and my knee was more likely to give in.

The studio was dark as I hadn't bothered to turn the lights on so there was only light from the two windows. I made sure that my shoes were on tight before turning the music on. I was in a shorts and a tank top. It was a slow song. It took me a minute to remember the routine that I had choreographed. It seemed like ages but it was only a few months ago. It seems like it should be later than early December.

The routine was smooth but basic. I started in one of the corners and it felt nice to start dancing. Since I knew that routine well I didn't have to think about the moves so my mind started to wonder.

What had gotten into Austin?

Why did I go and help Will?

Why am I here and not with him?"

Why would I be with him?

Why am here?

Why am I not at school?

Why am I dancing when I was told not to?

I stopped thinking and concentrated on the dance. I started the turning section and I started to remember how much I loved to dance. I danced to about three songs and they were all depressing songs, ones that matched my mood. My phone had rung about ten times in that time. Probably people wondering why I wasn't at school.

I felt so happy that I was able to dance. I knew that I would be able to. I cleared all the messages without reading them. The dancing had cleared my head. I knew exactly where I should be.

There was a young woman at the desk.

"Excuse me, could you tell me where William Jacobs is?' I asked.

"I'm sorry but it is family only," she said.

I had expected her to say that.

"But he is my boyfriend and I love him," I said with fake tears coming out of my eyes.

She looked shocked and quickly turned away.

"He is in room 417," she said and I wiped my tears.

"Thank you," I said and headed off.

I found the room easily enough and there was a nurse in there so I headed inside.

"Am I allowed in here?" I asked.

"I'm supposed to say no but I'll let it as you aren't family," she said.

"Thank you," I said.

"I'm Sally, he should be awake soon so just come and get me when he does," she said and left.

Will's POV

I cracked my eyes open and quickly shut them again. The room was too bloody bright. I rolled over and someone started to talk.

"You're awake," they said.

I turned towards the voice and opened my eyes again. I blinked a couple of times and saw Sophie sitting next to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'll tell you after the nurse comes in," she said and disappeared.

A youngish nurse came in and asked me a million questions about who I was and what had happened and what day it is.

"You should be able to go in a few hours but the doctor will come in," she said and left. Sophie sat down next to me again and for a minute neither of us said anything. I moved over.

"Come and sit," I said and she paused for a minute. I gave her a puppy dog face and I saw her visibly cave. She sat down on the bed next to me and let her head slip so that it was resting on my shoulder.

"What happened to us?" I asked.

"I really don't know," she muttered.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I was the one that stopped Austin. I decided that I need to be here," she said.

"You know that I have really missed you."

She turned and looked stared right at me. I leant sideways and kissed her. She didn't pull backwards which was nice.

"Can you forgive me?' she asked when we pulled away.

"Only if you can forgive me for being a jerk," I countered.

"I can," she said softly.

Neither of us said anything for a minute but then she suddenly sat sup straight.

"Guess what?" she asked jumping up and down.

"I don't know," I replied.

"Instead of coming straight here I went to the dance studio and I found that I can dance."

"That's awesome."

"I know, I wasn't on pointe but still I will be able to dance."

The door swung open and Henry walked in.

"You're awake," he said and then noticed Sophie was sitting next to me.

It was lucky that he wasn't holding anything at the time as it most definitely would have landed on the ground.

"Holy shit, the three musketeers are back," he said.

Unfortunately there was no room for him on the bed so he had to take the chair that Sophie was previously on.

"Who knew that it took Will getting beat up for Sophie to forgive him," he teased.

I couldn't reach around her to punch him but Sophie did it for me. He let out some more colourful language but it made us all laughing.

"When can you leave?" he asked.

"When the doctor lets me," I said.

The doctor came in an hour later when we were halfway through the movie. Sophie had to get off me when I didn't want but I wanted to leave. He told me that I had a concussion and to be careful for a few days but other than that I was fine apart from being a bit sore.

Henry suggested we all went and got ice cream and I agreed. It was nice to have the three of us back together again. For some reason Henry didn't mind being the third week but we made sure to include him.

We all sat in the park near school to eat. I had how nice it was to spend time with them. Sophie told Henry about her being able to dance and he was excited for her as I was.

"Do you think that she will keep swimming if she can dance?" Henry asked as we headed home.

We had stayed at the park for over an hour before Sophie said that she need to go.

"I don't know, I mean dance has been her dream forever," I confessed.

Kathy gave me a very tight hug when I got back.

"You look terrible," she said.

I hadn't had a chance look at myself in the mirror yet but I knew that it wouldn't look good. My whole stomach and chest area were covered in bruises but I didn't think that my face would be that bad because he didn't really get my face.

I didn't really want to have to see him at school tomorrow.

............................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One