Chapter 9

Sophie's POV

Will just stood there. The woman that was apparently his Mother stood there as well. Izzy had stopped hugging her and came over to me. I bent down and reached up to me.

"Mommy and Will don't get along," she whispered.

"And what is her name?" the woman asked gesturing to me.

"My name is Sophie. Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Casey and this is my husband David," she said.

I assumed that he must have been Will's Stepfather because I remember him saying that his Father is dead. Will grabbed my hand and I squeezed it. He looked very angry and I didn't want to see him snapped.

"We were just going to get homework done," I lied and I walked away without waiting for an answer. I made sure that I shut the door to his room before letting go off his hand. We both sat there on his bed for a minute without either saying anything.

"David is my Stepfather. He married my Mother not even a year after my Father died. I hate him and he really doesn't like me because he doesn't think that swimming is a real sport and he keeps trying to get me to stop," he said, his breathing still heavy.

"You don't have to say anything," I said.

"Izzy was born a few years later but it is me mostly looking after her. As you can see all three of us take after my Mother who is always working and honestly doesn't care about us," he said.

I wrapped my arms around him and he hugged me. We sat there talking for an hour before I thought that I probably should go home. His Mother and Stepfather were both in the kitchen. Unfortunately I had to go in there to get my swim bag.

"Sophie, dear, may I talk to you for a minute?" Casey asked.

"Um, I guess so," I said nervously.

"I know that Will doesn't like me but this is my house and I don't want you here," she snapped.

"Why, because I'm here for Will and you aren't and you don't want him to replace you? NEWS FLASH, he already has," I laughed.

"No he hasn't, he doesn't tell you the truth," she smirked.

"Why would he lie to me? He hasn't liked you for years and until you stay around and actually care for your children I'm not going to listen to you," I snapped and grabbed my bag.

Casey and David stood there in shock. I left and shut the door behind me. I didn't even realise that I could be that strong and confident if I wanted to.

Will was the only one in English. I sat down next to me and he hugged me really tightly.

"My Mom told me what you said," he said.

"I'm sorry but she just got me so angry," I said.

"Don't be, I would have said that too but probably with a few more swear words," he laughed.

Katy came in with this massive smile plastered on her face. I swapped seats so that I was sitting next to her.

"What has you in such a good mood?" I asked.

"No much," she said obviously lying.

"She had a date with your brother last night," Christina announced walking into the room.

I hadn't realised that Lucas was going out but I was at Will's for a while last night.

"I knew it, I knew it, I knew it," I laughed.

Katy was blushing bright red and Christina just laughed. I was going to confront Lucas about this later. I changed back so that I was sitting next to Will. I had finally finished our stupid English novel, Henry and Will were still reading and it was a very slow pace. I sat there not having anything to do except write the stupid essay.

I got about one sentence in before the bell rang. Will sighed and dumped the book down.

"I knew there was a really good reason I hated to read," he laughed.

"I think I might give up on reading after this experience," Henry said.

Lucas knew that we already knew when we sat down at lunch. He didn't even bother denying it as he knew that Katy would have already told me and Christina before. Christina and I sat opposite meaning that Katy had to sit next to him, but I don't think that either of them minded.

"So where did you go last night?" Christina asked.

"Why should we tell you?" Katy teased.

"Because we are your best friends," I laughed.

"Well I'm still not going to tell you," she laughed back.

We didn't mention it again but Lucas and Katy both knew that we were thinking about it. I might pester Lucas more but I have training again tonight. Some of our other friends had joined us so neither Christina or I mentioned it. It is their relationship so they can choose to share it.

Will met me afterschool and we walked to the pool together. Henry and Nathan were both already there and had started doing homework. Henry had given up and his text box was lying open on the floor in front of him. I walked over and picked the book up.

"Having trouble with math," I said.

Henry groaned and I continued to flick through the book. Will and Nathan were both attempting to read their English Novel. Nathan is also in our class and he is also finding the book tedious and boring.

"Henry, this isn't that hard," I said.

"But Maths hates me," he moaned sitting down beside me. That is how we spent the hour before training. Towards the end of the time Henry was starting to understand the math work. Will had read another 20 pages or so but he did spend most of the time chasing Nathan around the pool for whatever reason.

The rest of the team came along and joined us in doing homework before Coach arrived. Em and I were both working together. We would do two laps and then the other one would do two laps. It was pretty much a continuous relay with two people.

Christina was lying on my bed when I returned.

"Thank god, Katy and Lucas left hours ago leaving me here bored," she moaned dramatically.

"You could have gone home," I teased.

"But that is boring," she said.

I threw my swim bag at her and it hit her chest. She dumped it on the floor.

"And I don't understand our maths homework," she said.

It took me almost two hours to explain it to her and by that point she had given up on maths already. I knew that it was just an excuse to stay her until Katy and Lucas got back. I got bored after an hour because she kept asking me the same questions and still not knowing what to do.

I heard the door open downstairs and Christina must have as well because she rushed downstairs. I couldn't be bother though so I packed up before going down. When I did Katy and Lucas were still in the doorway having a conversation with a very enthusiastic Christina.

They stayed for another hour before I sent both Katy and Christina home so that I could sleep.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry at it is very late and very short but I have ideas for the next chapter and it is going to be a lot more exciting than this one was. I have finished my practice exams and so far I have done really well so I am happy.

Comment and Vote

The Wise One