Chapter 12

Henry's POV

Will arrived at my house last night. I knew that he wasn't someone to stay in a hopeless situation so that is why I offered to let him stay so that he knew that someone was looking out for him. My parents love him and they were more than happy to let him stay.

We were all sitting outside before school when I saw a new group of people. There were four of them, two girls and two boys. Both girls had chestnut hair pulled into a ponytail and from this distance they looked like they could be sisters.

They all walked towards our English class but only one of them walked in, one of the girls. She walked up to the teacher and they started to talk. Em joined me and she sat with me and Will. She was in another group but we still had five minutes before the class started. Em pulled me aside and to the other side of the class.

"Look at the new girl," she said.

She had chestnut hair and green eyes that were darting around the classroom. She was wearing navy jeans and a white shirt with some writing that I couldn't read. She looked familiar but I couldn't place it.

"Henry, that's Sophie," she said like I was three.

Now that I knew, it was pretty obvious. She noticed me looking and she smirked at me. I sat down in my seat and Em headed to hers.

"Alright, this is Sophie Elliot and she is re-joining this class, Miss Elliot, please go and join your group," Mrs Simpson said.

I noticed that Will's hands clenched under the desk. I moved over so that Sophie had to sit next to me. She had this confidence that I hadn't seen in her before. She smirked at me but didn't look at Will. He was trying really hard not to look at her, so he was staring at a blank space on the wall.

Sophie had a packet of information of the unit that we are currently doing. We are still studying our stupid novel but I think that we might be almost finished the unit.

I thought that our English class was awkward with Sophie back but I didn't count on what happened at lunch. Sophie and her new group of friends had decided to sit at the table that is usually for the popular group. The only reason I noticed was because it is right behind ours.

"Um, excuse me but do you not know that this is our table," Katy said clearly not noticing that it was Sophie.

"I'm new and I didn't realise that this was YOUR table," one of the guys said.

Everyone was now paying attention. No one argued with the popular group but clearly Sophie didn't care.

The arguing went on for a few minutes before Lucas arrived. He clearly also didn't realise that it was his sister because he proceeded to insult her.

"You bitch, get out of our seats," Lucas said.

"You wouldn't want your girlfriend to know you just insulted your sister, would you Lucas?" Sophie teased.

"What are you talking about?" Lucas asked.

"My name is Sophie, this is Belle, Austin and Carter," she snapped.

Sophie's POV

It took Lucas a minute to realise what I had said. The rest of the popular group stared at me like I had two heads.

"So you can run away and choose a different table," I snapped.

Flashback.

I couldn't believe that everyone left me. I didn't stay at school and I headed home. Mom was there when I opened the door. I had already called me and she totally understood what had happened.