The Beginning

Scott's POV

Wow,I've never heard someone sing so beautifully. 

Who is this kid? I thought to myself as I awaited my queue to go onstage. He

looked so young to be in this musical, but I guess he was talented enough to

make it. I feel so weird just staring at this boy delivering his lines, does this make me a stalker? Oh no, I AM a stalker!

As I was having an internal conflict with myself I almost missed my queue to come onto the stage.

Luckily one of the older members tapped me and told me I was up. Step by step I made it onstage, saying my lines as best I could. Even delivering my lines didn't stop me from thinking about was this boy, who was not even 3 feet away from me. I went to open my mouth again when he looked at

me... That's when I lost every train of thought, every line I had memorized, everything I learned about speech. Gone. All I knew now was how brown his eyes were, how they twinkled in the spotlight above, how his hair stuck out from under his costume like little spaghetti noodles, how his lips went into a small pout when he closed his mouth. "CUT!" I heard our play director yell. All I could think about  was why have I never seen this kid before now...

"Scott Hoying! What do you think you're doing?" I heard. I finally

realized I was standing centre stage staring at the poor kid. "I- uhm... I- I f-forgot my line Mrs. Wallace" was all I managed to get out. She shook her head as she sighed. "I need a script for Hoying," she shouted to a prop person "He obviously doesn't care that this is our final rehearsal!" That was not true, I got distracted, but I couldn't tell HER that.

The rest of rehearsal went on smoothly, everyone had forgotten about my slip up and now we were free to go. Before I left I had to meet this boy that had me forget my lines! I looked high and low just to see him on his way out the door. Next thing I know I see him turn around with a confused look on his face. Did I do something? I thought. I must have. When I finally got to him he was even more confused. "You're that kid that kept staring at me and forgot his lines," he spoke "Why'd you yell for me to wait?" he asked. I had yelled out for him? No wonder he looked confused. 

"I'm sorry, am I making you uncomfortable?" I asked him. I really should ask his name. "Crap, where are my manners, I'm Scott. Scott Hoying" I said as cool as I could. He laughed at my attempt but replied anyways, "I'm Grassi. Mitch Grassi" he said with a slight smirk. Sassy little one he is.

"Well, Scott, it was nice to actually talk to you but my mom is probably waiting for me! See ya' tomorrow night?" 

I didn't want to wait til then. "How about we hang out tomorrow?" He looked confused again. I am starting to think that's just how he looks. Ha. "Why would you want to hang out with me?N-No one asks me to hang out around here..." Mitch said as he looked down. Well that was kinda sad. What do I do? "C'mon dude, we'll hang tomorrow! Uhm, you got a house number?" he looked up at me and smiled. "Give me a pen, Scotty!" 

And with that he wrote his number on my forearm with a marker I found in my back pocket, then left with a wave.