Boy of the Hour

Mitch's POV:

It was none other than the boy of the hour, Scott Hoying. He looked over to his parents and mouthed 'Scott', they both grinned and left the boy alone to talk on the phone. "H-Hey, Scott! What's up?" I finally got out. "I'm just getting home. I asked my dad if I could have you over and he said sure. AND he told me that he knew your dad, isn't that cool?! They're friends and we're friends... We are friends, right? Oh shoot, I'm not even letting you talk! Talk Mitchie." All I could do was laugh. "Scott, you're fine. But, my dad also mentioned being close with your dad. I find it cool and weird that we're both just learning about each other since our parents are friends, ya know!?" I replied trying to make conversation. "So if I can hang out with you tomorrow what would we do at your place anyways? I don't like being bored." This time it was his turn to laugh, "Oh Mitchie. A day with Scott is anything but boring!" With that I smiled, even though he couldn't see it. "I'll ask my mom and dad, they'll most likely say yes." "Cool, well I gotta go! I'll call you tomorrow to see if you can come!"

Darn, I didn't want to hang up yet. "Okay. Bye Scoot!" "Bye Michelle" With that, his line went dead.

As I put the phone on the hook, I was bombarded with more questions by my parents. You'd think I was a loner all my life! I sigh and ignore the questions, "Is it okay if I hang out with Scott tomorrow... Like I asked earlier." My mom looks at my father and he looks at me, "Sure, I don't see why not!" I could feel the corners of my mouth move up, I was grinning ear to ear. "Great! I'll tell him when he calls tomorrow." And with that I went up to my room.

I, Mitch Grassi, was gonna hang out with the guy I couldn't get out of my head all day.

Scott's POV:

After I hung up, I told my mom and dad that we needed to plan a fun day for tomorrow. I had told Mitch he wouldn't be bored, what if he ends up wanting to leave! He wouldn't want to be friends with someone so lame... Me and my dad sat and thought of things to do, while my mom shot some down because they were "dangerous" or something. She obviously didn't understand that I needed to impress Mitch.

After a few minutes of deliberating, I was off to sleep. I was excited for tomorrow, Mitch was gonna LOVE what me and my dad had planned!

I must have dozed off thinking of the various activities we were gonna do because next thing I know I'm waking up to the smell of pancakes. Wait. It's morning time! I gotta call Mitch! I hopped out of bed and ran to the house phone. "Scott, you're up early" I heard my mom say, "You usually have to be pulled out of bed." I laughed because that was true, but this is different. I dialed the number that was on my forearm yesterday and waited for someone to pick up. "Hello." I heard. It was not Mitch. "Hi, I was calling to see what time my dad could pick Mitch up..." The person had a muffled laugh, "Aah, Scott! Nice to speak with you son. I'm Mike, Mitchell's father. Uh, your dad can pick him up around noon if that's okay." Noon? Who calls it noon, "Sure, sounds great! Thanks Mr. Grassi!" "Mr. Grassi, oh no, call me Mike." Mike? Really... "U-Uhm okay. Thanks Mike!" "Alright now, goodbye Scott!" With that he hung up.

Later That Day

Mitch's POV:

Today has been awesome! I went over Scott's house where we played some random video game he was into, then we talked and joked around for a couple more minutes before we went to the go-kart track and mini golfing! This boy sure knows how to have fun. We ended our "fun day" as Scott called it by eating corn dogs and fries in Rick's car on the way to my house. I had almost forgotten we had a play tonight and that's how this whole friendship started.

I said my good-byes and entered my house to see my costume was already laying out on the living room couch. "Mitchie! How was your day?" my mom asked. "It was great mom! You'd really like Scott! OH, did you know he's already 11?! AND he sings like me... I mean of course he would, he's in the same musical as me... You know his mom's name is Connie! Like if you see her, it totally doesn't fit her. By the way went go-karting! I won twice. Then we loaded up on corn dogs on the way here!-" I was cut off by my mom, "Whoa there! Slow down and stay on one thing at a time, sweetie!" She giggled as I apologized. I was just really happy at how the day went. I could tell me and Scott were gonna be friends forever!

Scott's POV:

The day went well. Mitch and I were inseparable the entire day. It was quite fun having another guy to hang with. Not to mention he was cute... for a boy, I thought. I could tell that after this day me and Mitch would be great friends. And in the back of my mind I wanted Mitch to be something else. Something deeper than friends, I just wasn't sure what.

BOTH POV:

And that's how we became best friends.