Best Friends

Mitch's POV:

"Hm, so your parents asked you this yesterday?" Scott questioned. "Yep. I think that it brought me and my family closer together. The only thing now is that I can't let anyone else know. My mom's worried about bullies and other kid's parents." That was the only downside. "You're okay with being different?" "I'm not different. That's like me asking you how it feels to not have eyebrows!" His eyes stretched, "I do to have eyebrows Mitch!" "Yeah, yeah." I said.

Silence soon took over my room.

"Sooo," he said, "Was that all you needed to tell me?" He asked. "Pretty much. I just didn't know how you'd take it, so I thought it'd be better to be at my place instead of being kicked out of yours." I shrugged. "Kicked out? Were you really scared I wouldn't be your friend? Mitchie, I'd never in a million years leave your side!" Scott said with a smile. "Thanks... Sarah." I said as I threw a pillow at him.

After my confession Scott and I decided to play video games. He ended up winning every time. We didn't realize how late it was until my mom came up and asked if Scott was staying for dinner. I looked over at him to see his response. "It depends on what's for dinner." he said to my mom with a cheeky smile. "Spaghetti and garlic toast." I saw his eyes widen from excitement. "I'll call my parents and tell them I'm eating here!" And with that he called his mom to tell her the information. I had waited for Scott to finish his phone call so we could both go down together. "You didn't have to wait for me Candace." he said after he realized I was waiting by my door, "Yeah, but I'm being a good friend. So hurry up so we can eat!!"

Scott got up and followed me down to the kitchen where my parents had already set our plates on the table. Weren't they sweet.

Dinner went by without a hitch and Scott was on his way home by now. Today had been a good day despite me being in my head for most of it. I had told Scott I was gay and he was okay with it. We were still best friends. I don't know what I was so worried about in the first place.

Our friendship is worth the world to me, I'm not sure what I'd do if he wasn't okay with my lifestyle.

I sighed.

Luckily I don't need to worry about that.

I drifted off to sleep with happy thoughts of the day's events.