the end...

After the whole assembly and seeing my old friends, I decided I wanted to graduate earlier.

I went to class, I stayed after, I even went on weekends if I needed to. It eventually all paid off and I graduate in 3 days! I've never been so excited.

----

"Mitchy. I-I have a question." Scott said through the phone.

Uh oh. This didnt sound too good.

"Yeah, Scotty?" "How would you feel about maybe coming to California for an audition.?"

I laughed, "Scott you're crazy. I'm not doing idol with you. You already got rejected." He sighed, "Not Idol... Its this show called the Sing Off.." I knew about that show! It was amazing! Whoever thought of making acapella groups cool again, deserves a medal. "Scott. It can't just be you and I."

"Nooo, but it can be you, me, Kirstie, and this guy Avi." "Avi?"

"Yeah, I met him through Ben. He's pretty cool. He said he saw our Telephone video from a while back! What a coincidence."

Scott was serious about this whole audition thing.

"Scott." "Mitch. Please." I sighed and caved, "Fine. I'll ask my parents." "They already know. You leave tonight. The audition is Saturday."

"Scott! My graduation is Saturday!"

"Shit. I-Im sorry baby. We don't have to do this. It can always wait. I want you to have your graduation and I'll be there with Kirst and Genevieve, just like how you were there for us." Scott said. "No. No. Its fine. I'll talk to my teachers and the principal. I'll see you when I get to LA?"

"You bet your pretty ass, you will." He said, causing me to blush, "Shut up."

He began laughing, "I love you. Can't wait to see you again." "Me too. Bye Scotty."

---

"You guys need a beat boxer! And fast." Ben said as we finished our new arrangement of Telephone. "I think I know just the guy. I'm gonna make some calls and send him a video of the arrangement."

"Okay." We said in unison then laughed. It was great to be back with my best friends.

"Soo, your graduation is tomorrow." Kirstie said as she leaned on my shoulder, "How do you feel about missing it?"

I played with my fingers, "I mean as long as I made it to this point, I don't care if I'm not there. It was a small ceremony since a handful of students got to graduate early. I'll just get my diploma in the mail. No biggie."

"Are you sure? We can hop on a plane and you can make it." Scott said while he held my hand. "Its fine. I want to be here. And I definitely want to win this show."

----

Holy shit!!! We WON the show!!!

After Ben had come back he said he got in contact with a guy named Kevin and he'd be able to just make the audition.

We nailed the audition and managed to stay on an upward spiral on the show. We even gained some fans along the way.

"Mitchy! We did it! We really did it!!" Scott cheered as he huged me backstage. Kirstie was crying in Avi's arms, while Kevin was congratulating the other group.

Oh yeah, speaking of Kevin, he came from Yale. Freaking Yale! And now he's in our A capella group. Scott named it Pentatonix, after the Pentatonic scale and because it was 5 of us. Clever, huh. That's my baby.

----

Oh my god, it was me and Scott's 4 year anniversary!! It seemed like just yesterday we were meeting for the first time in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Now we were touring and performing for our Pentaholics.

Scott haf told me to meet him at the venue where we were playing by 2, so he could give me my gift.

Once I entered the dimly lit hallways, I saw posters pointing to the stage. There I saw Avi, Kevin, Kirstie, and of course Scott behind mics. I walked over and stood in front of them, "What is this? Rehearsals?" I teased.

"Just enjoy."

Then they started singing Valentine, with Scott taking both leads. After it was over Scott pulled me up onto the stage platform and kneeled down.

Gasping, I covered my mouth and began tearing up, "Scott. Scott please-" "You know, I was never one with words, especially around you! You make me feel like I'm 10 years old again." He admitted.

"Scotty..." I looked at the others who had moved to the side and had huge grins on their faces, then back to boyfriend who had taken my left hand.

"Mitch. I am so glad to have you in my life. When I first laid eyes on you, I knew. It was you and it will always be you... You are the one for me and that will never change. I got to grow with you and call you my best friend. You are my other half. Without you, I am literally incomplete. So here I am. Putting my heart on the line again asking you if you would spend the rest of your life with me?"

"S-Scott. Scotty. I love you!!!" I hug him and bury my face into his neck.

"Will you marry me Mitchy?" He asked.

I could hear Kirstie squealing before I even got out an answer.

"Y-Yes. Of course! Yes!" I choke out, I pull back from Scott as he pulls out a Cartier Love ring... It was Rose Gold. "Scott." I looked at him in his eyes.

Cartier was expensive! "I know how much you love Rose Gold... And we talked about the Love collection before so I thought, why not... I know its not a perfect engagement ring but-" I cut off Scott's rambling with my lips to show him just how much I loved the ring. "Put it on me, Noodle."

----

We were doing our encore songs which so happened to be Valentine, and I couldn't help but look at Scott and the new ring on my finger without getting emotional. I was doing what I loved with the person I loved... And my best friend, of course.

"Cause I know about my love." I sang out, my emotions getting the best of me. The tears started flowing as Scott sang his reply.

Gosh, I was a mess.

Once we got backstage everyone gave me a hug and a congrats. Scott took us to our dressing room and sat me on his lap, "Someone was a trainwreck out there." Scott teased. "I wonder why."

We let silence over take us and just sat there, hands intertwined.

"Should we tell the fans?" Scott asked, finally breaking through the quiet. "Maybe one day..."

Fin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this book has come to an end. It wasn't supposed to end that way but I couldn't get to where I wanted. All things must come to an end, so here it is... The last chapter of my first scomiche fanfic.