t h i r t e e n

Kara

Once Jaylee leaves to sort out the 'man children' who I'm guessing are Luke and Michael because I heard them shouting before, I clean my self up a bit.

I wash my face, trying to make it look like I haven't been crying before changing into my pyjamas.

I walk out into the back room where most of the boys are now sat.

I notice Michael and Luke sat on opposite ends of the room, probably ignoring each other.

There's no space on the sofas with means Jaylee is sat on Luke's lap.

I knew she had a thing for him!

"You can sit on my lap, if you want to of course." Aaron offers, blushing a bit.

I smile and nod, sitting, well, on him I guess.

He wraps his arms around my waist, making me lean against him.

"GET SOME AARON!" Cameron yells, making Aaron blush harder.

"Fuck off Dallas. He's my best friend in here other that Jaylee." I snap at him.

"Someone's on her period." He mutters, but loud enough for me to hear him.

I remember him not being told what happened with my sister, but surely someone would have told him. Right?

"You know what Cameron? I'm not. I'm just in a bad mood because I got told my sister was shot earlier today. How would you feel if you got the news Sierra was dead?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Oh shit. Kara I'm so sorry." His eyes are wide.

"Forget it." I mutter, resting my head on Aaron's shoulder.

It's already quite late when the whole thing with Cameron happened, so I decide to go to be earlier that the rest of them.

"Night guys." I say, moving off of Aaron to go to bed, which is one of the sofas in the other room.

"Night Kara." Some of them say back.

I end up lying awake for ages, just staring at the ceiling, thinking, until Jaylee walks in.

"Kara. Cameron says he's so sorry and that he didn't know." She says when she sees I'm awake.

"I know. I shouldn't have been so rude." I sigh.

"He completely understands. Oh, Aaron said he hopes you feel better." She smiled, lying on the other sofa.

---

I wake up early the next morning, suprised to see Jaylee's sat up on her phone.

"Good morning Skittle." I yawn, rubbing my eyes.

"Morning smartie." She replies.

I get a pair of contacts that are so dark they look black, and put them in.

That's usually the first thing I do, because, not only do they look cool, but I kind of need them to see everything clearly.

I change into blue jeans, white tank top and my grey jumper that says "New York" on it.

I put on my white converse before brushing my hair.

"Your contacts are awesome!" Jaylee laughs.

"Thanks." I smile before getting up and walking into the kitchen to get breakfast.

"Morning Kara." Michael smiled, taking another bite of his toast.

"Morning." I smile sitting next to him.

"Do you know where Leo is?" Michael looks at me.

"Who's Leo?"

"My lion." He replies.

"Sorry Mikey, but I have no clue." I stand up and get a bowl to put some cereal in.

I stand looking at the unknown cereal for a while.

"I recommed Apple Jacks." Jack Johnson says from behind me.

"Jesus christ Johnson. You need to stop doing that." I lean on the counter, recovering from my scare.

"Sorry Kara." He laughs as I grab the box to put some cereal in my bowl.

"Morning guys!" Jaylee says walking into the room.

She's wearing a plain white top with a gold cross necklace, black jeans, red vans and a red beanie.

"Morning." Luke replies, smiling at her.

The four of us sit in silence for a while before Luke turns on his music.

The playlist consists mainly of bands like Blink 182, All Time Low and other bands like them.

I guess we must have woke up the rest of them because they all walk in.

"Turn the music down would you?" Cameron yawns as he comes into the kitchen.

I look up when I hear his voice, "Can I talk to you?"

He nods and we walk out to where all the bunks are.

"I'm so sorry for shouting at you yesterday Cam. I over reacted. I thought someone would have told you. I'm so fucking sorry." I look down at my shoes.

"Hey, Kara. Look at me. It's ok, I would have been the same." He smiles, hugging me quickly.

I smile when he lets me go and we walk back out to the kitchen where all the others are.

"Look at me for a minute Kara." Hayes says.

I furrow my eyebrows, but look at him

"You look like a demon. What happened to your eyes? I didn't know crying could turn your eyes black." He says.

I laugh and shake my head, "No, it doesn't. They're contact lenses."

"They makes more sense." He replies making all the guys laugh.

The morning is spent with the boys playing games on the X-Box while Jaylee and I watch and sometimes attempt to play the games they have.