t w e n t y s e v e n

Kara

I wake up early the next morning and find 15 missed calls.

11 missed calls from ESS

4 missed calls from Mum

I furrow my eyebrows and decide to call my mum back first.

I sit in the back room and call her.

"Hello?" She says.

"Mum, it's Kara. You called me?" I ask.

"Yes! Oh darling I haven't spoke to you for ages! How are you?" She asks.

"I'm alright. What are you calling for?"

"I'm just calling to ask if you would like to come home for Millie's funeral. How are you anyway? I know how hard it is losing both of your siblings within a few months. I went throu-" She rambles.

"I'm ok. Yes I miss Millie and Josh but I'm ok. I can't come back because I'm on a job at the moment. But when I'm done, I'll come and stay with you for a bit. I promise." I smile.

"Of course. I was just calling to see how you are. I heard about your arm. Is it healing?" She says protectively.

"It's healing yeah." I smile.

"Good! I'll talk to you in a few days. Call Jessie from the office, she needs to speak to you." She says yawning.

"Ok. Love you mum!" I say.

She replies and I hang up.

I decide I should probably call Jessie.

"Hello, who's speaking?" Jessie asks.

"Hey Jessie, it's Kara. Mum said you needed to talk to me." I say leaning back on the sofa.

"Do I? Oh yeah! We know who's after the boys." She says.

"Seriously? Who?" I sit up.

"A band and another group." She giggles.

"Ok, but who?" I ask.

"Oh yeah! One direction and Our Second Life. They're the groups." She says.

"Ok. Thanks Jessie. I need to go now." I hang up and walk back into the room where Jaylee and Molly are.

"Jaylee." I shake her awake.

"What's up smartie?" She yawns.

"I know who's after the boys." I say.

"What?" She asks.

"Yeah. One direction and Our Second Life." I reply.

"I've heard of Our Second Life." Jaylee says, opening YouTube on her phone.

"I know who one direction are." I hear Molly say from the door.

"Who are they?" I ask.