Chapter 5

"I need these people today, aru!" Yao called, shaking his arm so that Ivan would no longer be clinging to him like always.

The list contained most of the minor roles, so the people sitting out were Ludwig, me, Feliks, Erika, and Elizabeta. I had a feeling they would need us later, but for now we got to do whatever.

I didn't want to listen to a bunch of chorus songs, so I went outside on the front steps and took a seat, admiring the early summer evening. The air was warm and cool seemingly at the same time, if that even makes sense. Probably doesn't, though.

I leaned back on the palms of my hands, looking up to the sky as I took a deep breath. I exhaled moments later.

I felt like I was falling apart.

I didn't know how someone could beat me out for a role that was obviously made for me. I would fit the role of Antony so perfectly! And then, this... This... Blonde nobody arrives and takes it from me! It just wasn't fair!

I sighed, realizing I was having a mental hissy fit.

And guess who came out after that?

"Hi, Liet." The voice greeted, sitting down next to me and smiling.

"Hello, Feliks." I greeted, turning my head to look at him. Today, he was wearing a black skirt with a pink Lacey top. I still have no idea how he can pull off such feminine clothes. It was insane.

"So what's like, up with you?" He asked, pulling out a bag of pink goldfish and opening it. "Want some?" He offered, holding the bag out to me.

I stared at them. "Is that safe?" I asked. He just chuckled. "Like, of course it's safe. They wouldn't sell it otherwise." He pointed out. My eyes narrowed a bit.

"What about Twinkies?" I asked.

Feliks's expression dropped, shrugging as he helped himself to the crackers. "Well, whatever. Have you like, been practicing your songs?" He asked curiously. I shook my head, obviously I wasn't practicing his songs, they were all stupid.

Okay, I guess I'm being a little childish. I enjoyed Toby's songs.

"You really should. Like, they're pretty difficult." He pointed out.

"They aren't that hard. I know some already." I shrugged it off.

"Oh yeah? Can I hear?" He asked, placing his chin in his hands. I sighed and prepared myself, opening my mouth to sing.

After I finished, I could see that Feliks was giving his all not to laugh. "What?" I asked defensively. "Did I do something wrong..?" I asked curiously.

"No, no, like, you just sang the easiest part."

"Oh."

There was an awkward moment of silence before he spoke again.

"Want me to, like, help you?"

"No."

He shot me a knowing glance.

"... Yes."