Chapter 10

After the rather awkward events that happened, I excused myself from Feliks's apartment and made my way back down the street to my own house. I took a deep breath, "that was bad, Toris. Do you know how close he was to figuring out..?" I mumbled, stumbling around the corner.

As I did so, though, my eyes landed upon something that was rather... Peculiar.

"I don't want to knock on the door..." Berwald mumbled sheepishly, to which Tino just grabbed his huge-ass arm and held it up to the front door, "C'mon, Wally! Just knock!" He encouraged.

I quickly realized that the house the two men were on the front porch of was mine. "Oh my good god-" I mumbled as my pace quickened, working my way over to the back door and quickly making my way inside. I worked my way around to the front door and opened it, with my cup of (now cold) apple cider in hands.

"Uh, hey," I greeted nonchalantly. Nice, Toris. Way to make it look natural.

Tino smiled, "Hi, Toris! I was wondering if you wanted to come down to the theatre and help out with the younger kids program?" He asked, in a way-too-happy-for-living-in-America sort of way.

I bit my lip, "Really? I- how many other people are doing it?" I asked.

"Only you." Berwald managed to muster. I blinked, "But- why..?"

Tino decided to add in, "Because you seem to be the most experienced, and I'd like to see how you work with children, yeah?" He giggled a tiny bit.

I gulped.

-

Feliks gasped, "Like, Liet, Liet look!" The blonde grabbed my wrist, pointing to the oh so familiar theatre. He seemed to be on a caffeine buzz.

I blinked, "It's the theatre. So?"

He huffed, "Not the theatre, what's going on inside of it!"

I was curious, "Think we could poke our heads in?" I asked. He grinned, pulling me up the front steps as we peeked inside.

As soon as we did so, our ears were flooded with the sound of singing. Rather squeaky and youthful, not to mention off pitch, singing.

I blinked, listening as they all sang along to "Tomorrow".

Feliks was beaming, "Oooh, Liet, Liet, they're so cute! I would love to work with them! I would just- love it!" He gushed. I smiled a tiny bit, "One day, you can become an intern and help." I promised.

Because I knew Feliks always heard what he wanted, even if it wasnt always the truth.

-

I was conflicted. What kind of person would I be if I accepted this? Feliks overreacted, too. I wasn't ready for that. Handling a Feliks? No thanks.

But... It would add some good things onto my college applications...

"I'll do it. I'd love to." I smiled sheepishly.

Tino beamed, "Oh, great! See you at one!" He exclaimed, walking off, with his Berwald close behind.

"What... Did I just agree to..?"

If Eduard were here, he would be telling me I made the wrong decision.

This is why I have such a complicated relationship with Eduard.