Chapter 8

As soon as I woke up the next morning, I sat straight up, only to fall straight back down.

Right. It was only Monday. That means I had nothing to do until later that night. My eyes slowly fell shut as I turned uneasily in my bed. Why did I feel so... Awkward? All I did was hang out with Feliks a little bit.

God, he makes me feel so... Uncomfortable, yet comfortable at the same time? Is that even a thing? Oh, grow up Toris, don't be like that.

I know I sound like a teenage cliche, but I really don't know how to... Talk to him anymore. Without secretly hating him, it's hard to be around him. I don't know how I handled it before.

I huffed and rolled out of bed, reaching around for my cell phone to grab it and head downstairs to get something for breakfast. I guess today was as good as any to call Raivis and Eduard.

One ring.

Two.

Three.

"Hello..?" A voice answered. I smiled, "Hi, Raivis," I answered.

"Toris! How's it going?"

"It's going."

"Aw, what's wrong?"

"I'm just really on edge..."

"Musical, huh?"

"Wha- oh, yeah, the, uh musical. It's, um, sucking the life out of me."

Not the only thing sucking the life out of me. Wait Toris shut up that was wrong.

"Oh... That sucks, sorry."

"You're making puns too?"

"Puns-?"

"Oh- I- uh, nothing, I just need sleep, I'll talk to you later. Have fun on the band trip, too." I stated.

"Thanks!" He said cheerfully before we both ended the call.

Next was Eduard. I wouldn't be surprised if he had been tracking my every move, or most likely my mom's, on Facebook. Because god dammit, he's a genius.

One ring.

"Hello?"

"Eduard, hi,"

"Ah, Toris! Hey! What's up with you, how've you been, how's it going?" He asked.

"It's been okay." I decided to stay off of the topic of my issues. I sighed and leaned my head against my hand as he rambled on about his piano recital, and how incredible his new computer is...

"It's got three monitors so I can see it at all angles!"

"Nice..."

"And the keyboard lights up!"

"Cool.."

He sighed, "THE TITANS ARE COMING!"

I jumped and literally dropped my phone, "W-where?!?"

I could almost see him roll his eyes, "You seem distant, and that isn't because we're two hours away. What's up with you? For real, this time."

And that's when I spilled.

"This summer I was going to go try out for Sweeney Todd, right? So I go try out and who's there? That blonde heathen who refused to go inside to see the show! So he tries out and guess. What. He gets the part of Antony and I'm stuck with the role of TOBY. I MEAN, WHAT? DO YOU EVEN LIFT, TINO? I BET THOSE SLEEVE TATOOS ARE FAKE, YOU AREN'T COOL ENOUGH TO PULL THEM OFF!"

"Toris, I- it's okay-"

"OH NO, because then I started talking to him, and now we're all buddy buddy, and I THINK I MAY BE IN LOVE WITH HIM!"

Everything went dead silent on the other line. I gulped, "Oh no." I whispered.

"Oh no indeed." Eduard replied.