Chapter 14

((Third Person POV))

Cars screeched to a halt as a body lay motionless in the middle of the street. Groans of pain were heard as the boy slowly stirred to consciousness.

"Feliks! F- Feliks!" A boy screamed, running into the street and kneeling beside the blonde.

He scooped him up in his arms, biting his lip as tears dared to prick his eyes. "No... I- it can't be..." He whispered out. "Feliks..." He mumbled.

Feliks slowly blinked his eyes open, looking to his taller friend and, soon after, glancing away. Toris blinked a few times, the other laid in his arms, unmoving.

"Liet." His voice was hoarse.

"Y- yes?" He stammered, tears flowing steadily.

"Don't touch me..." He groaned out.

Toris, utterly speechless, looked back down to the boy. His shirt was growing damp with crimson and now tears as he sobbed.

"Look, Feliks, I said I was sorry! I- I can't back out of this commitment, it's too important to the center and I-"

"Then don't talk to me." His voice was solemn.

"Feliks!.."

"I said don't touch me!"

He quickly laid the other back down, stumbling back from the scene with horror filled eyes. Yao and Ivan stood on the curb, with Tino rushing down the stairs, and Berwald keeping the cast calm inside.

"Feliks... You... You idiot...!" Toris's heart was beating like a train. He trudged over to the other people, receiving a reassuring hug from Ivan.

Tears fell as he bit his lip, "I killed him..."

"You didn't kill him." Tino promised. He placed a hand on his shoulder and released a puff of air, "He acted unprofessionally, he was a child. He'll suffer some minor injuries, and he may not be able to participate in the musical. If anything, you will play Antony, and Toby. I don't think they have scenes together. Or we'll get someone else for Toby." He shrugged.

Toris was shocked. "Is this really... What had to happen in order for me to get the role..?" He whispered out, shaking violently. Yao looked over to him and frowned. "Ivan, get him something warm to drink, aru." He ordered. Ivan obeyed, heading over to the convenience store.

-

Toris was placed on the steps of the theatre, head in his hands, shaking like a leaf. Tears were stained on his face as he took deep breaths.

He was blaming himself, of course.

This is all my fault... If I had just said no...

If I hadn't...

If I didn't...

If only...

"Toris..?" It was Berwald.

The boy tensed. Berwald was the one intern that seemed like he was in a secret gang.

"Yeah...?" He replied, looking up and sniffling.

Berwald looked to him and sighed. "It's going to be okay. Don't be afraid." He said. His voice was surprisingly sure of itself. Toris nodded, "I know he will be... I just..." He sighed, holding his head in his hands before speaking again.

"I just wish he didn't overreact. Because now... Now... He's in the hospital..." He whispered. "And he hates me... And he doesn't-" He stopped for a moment- "he doesn't want me around him anymore!" He coughed.

Berwald placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Go see him. He won't push you away." He nodded, standing up and entering the theatre.

Toris bit his lip, but nodded, standing up with wobbly knees and heading down the street, towards the hospital.

"I'm sorry, Feliks..."

"I'm so sorry..."