Part 27

I hurried to the seventh floor and waited as the door to the room of requirement appeared before me. I opened the door and found the room empty. That is, I thought it was empty. When I looked closely at the sofa, Draco was curled up, sleeping. I couldn't think but how peaceful he looked. Innocent. It pained me that people treated him so badly. I know he done it to people himself, but he was trying to prove himself, and fix everything that he had done to them. People just couldn't let go of grudges, or the past it seemed.

I walked over, quietly so as not to wake him, and sat beside him, looking at his facial features. His usually smooth shaven face was lined with stubble. His usually slicked back hair was tousled, and I had never noticed that he had beautifully long eye lashes. I reached out and stroked his face with my hand. I really did care about this person, and I wanted to take his pain away.

He started, opening his grey eyes, his beautiful grey eyes finding my brown ones. "Hi." he whispered with a smile. "Hi." I whispered back. He stretched, and reached out, pulling me into his grasp. He kissed me, and then we cuddled, my face buried in his chest, taking in his scent. His chin rested on top of my head. After laying together in silence for a few minutes, he finally spoke. "I wouldn't blame you, you know?" I looked up at him, sure that the look of confusion was quite clear on my face. "What? You wouldn't blame me for what?" I asked him. "For choosing them over me. You three have such a long history, and as much as I want to be with you, I wouldn't, I couldn't be selfish and let you lose that." I pulled myself up so I could look at him. I could see the pain in his eyes. "Draco," I took his hand in mine, "I'm not going to lose them. They will come around. And I am definitely not choosing over anybody. I like you, we are right for each other. Don't you ever think that I would leave you just to save my friendship. I love them, but they aren't the ones I want to spend the rest of my life with." He looked up into my eyes. "The rest of your life?" he asked. "Well, yes, I don't think I could ever see myself without you now. You've grown on me Draco Malfoy. I love you." I couldn't believe I had just said that out loud. I hadn't even fully acknowledged that I loved him yet. And now I was worried he wouldn't feel the same for me, so I waited, with bated breath, for him to say something. And then, he smiled, the biggest, most genuine smile of complete happiness that I had ever seen. "I didn't think I was capable of being loved, or loving someone else. But to know that you want to be with me, forever, that makes me the happiest man in the world! And I am totally aware that that was the cheesiest thing I have ever said, but its true, and I love you too."

Hearing those words from him made me feel weak. Never in a million years would I have ever imagined myself sitting alone with Draco Malfoy, and both of us confessing our undying love for one another. I leaned in and kissed him. "You are loved Draco, by me, your mother, Ginny even really likes you now. You need to know you aren't alone. You've got friends too." "I love you Granger, you are the best medicine!" He said between kisses. "I love you too!" I laughed against his lips. It was extremely odd to hear those words from his mouth, and it was as equally odd to hear them from mine, I had never actually loved somebody before. 

We snuggled back down, enjoying each others presence.

We had fallen asleep locked in each others arms. It was fast becoming one of my favorite things to do, as I loved the sight of seeing him wake up next to me. He woke up a few moments after I did, and kissed me sleepily. "What time is it?" he asked as he stretched. I looked at the clock on the bedside table. "Its almost 8.30!" I cried jumping up. "What? How long were we asleep?" he asked jumping up and putting his shoes on. "Almost three hours? We are dead if Filch catches us!" I replied. "He won't. We'll be okay. Come on, we should get going." he said as he put his arm around my waist and steered me towards the door. He paused at the door to kiss me. "I love you, more than you could possibly ever imagine!" "I love you too. You should know how much, I am breaking school rules for you!" I replied winking at him. He laughed and kissed me again. "Right, come on, lets get going."