prologue

Bright sunlight seemed to blind everyone as the dramatic seemed not unfold, but fall apart effortlessly around them. Red littered the grass beneath their feet, red painted the face of men and women as they hurried about the pack, panicked and terrified.

The little girl ran around helplessly, crying for her beloved parents, the two people who had raised her and her brothers. They couldn't be found anywhere, and the little girl could not spy the blonde's grin and gray whiskers. No matter how hard she looked; they were not there. Everyone else knew that these precious people had been murdered mercilessly at the hands of rogues, everyone else but their children. If only the guards had warned everyone sooner.

She paused for one single moment, the sizzling heat searing her skin. The green eyes scoured the area for any sight of her parents, but when they found nothing, she grew impatient. When her eyes did find something however, they grew wide.

Matching green eyes were watching her, like she was staring at a mirror in the forests they were hidden behind a bush, but the eyes were prominent. Before she could investigate further, they suddenly disappeared from her view, leaving the little girl even more confused.

Her light brown hair swung effortlessly behind her as she raced back into the large pack house, screaming at everybody and anybody to help her find the Alpha and Luna. The pack's beta had taken the shaking little girl into his arms as he yelled various commands to the remaining wolves. She struggled, Pushing against his arms and wanting to find her parents above all else.

The girl's brother had hurried down the stairs quickly, practically throwing himself down with fear evident in his hazel eyes as he yelled for his parents.

"Lucas!" The beta shouted, grabbing the eleven year old's wrist and pulling him back to his strong embrace. There, the two children cried helplessly as the pack attended to their leaders, carefully and grimly pulling them away from the pack house and into the peaceful forest.

Eventually, the children's eldest brother, Gabriel, returned to his siblings with a sad, grim look on his face. Giving the beta a thankful look, he sadly took his brother and sister into his own arms and comforted them, letting the soft tears fall slowly from his sorrow filled eyes. He held them close, the last of his family, and together the three each made a promise to theirselves.

Gabriel promised that he would keep his family together—no matter who or what got in the way.

Lucas promised that he would heal from this wound and take care of his precious baby sister.

And little Alena, the tiny seven year old who could only barely process her parents death, swore that she would never forget her mama and papa.

|||

So this is super short, i know, but it's mainly just to explain the part of Alena's life where her parents died.
So if you're reading this the ages of the three siblings at this time are:
Gabriel: 16
Lucas: 11
Alena: 7
When the story takes place, they will be this age:
Gabriel: 27
Lucas: 22
Alena: 18
So yeah if you bothered reading this you will know the ages in case you get mixed up. Thanks for reading!