twenty

It's been two days since the attack. The entire pack is shaken up, especially since we lost two men. One already had a mate and a child, one only seventeen years old.

We held a ceremony for the two, and even I couldn't help the tears. They were both young, and they both fought to protect this pack. The mate of the deceased man was extremely depressed, she could barely even look at the coffin in which he rest. I didn't know whether to comfort her or just let her be.

It was my fault. Their deaths were my fault. I'm the one that asshole is after, not any of these innocent people. If I had been off alone, his stupid little band of rogues could've only gotten me instead of two pack members.

Later, I sat on the bed, fiddling with the covers and thinking. I'm still confused on why he is just now coming after me, and why I'm more wanted than my brothers. It's still terrifying to think that my nightmares are about to come true, and I don't know what I'll do about it anymore. What a luna I am.

The bathroom door opened and I saw Christian emerge, shirtless as always.. He's been trying to get me to go outside a bit, but I just can't. I feel like if I go out, everyone will be attacked and it'll all be my fault. Again. Still, he never left me alone, and I'm thankful for that.

"Alena," He sighed, sitting next to me on the bed. I looked up at him.

"I know what you're going to say, Christian. You don't need to waste your breath on it." He forced my head up, stroking the hair back softly.

"Nothing was and ever will be your fault. It's no one's fault. That bastard is responsible for it, not you. He is the one who attacked, and he will pay for it. He will not even come close to you or this pack again. I'll make sure of it."

I closed my eyes. "But it is my fault. He's after me. Every death he causes to get to me is my fault." He stared at me.

"What is it going to take to get you to believe me?" He muttered, pressing his forehead on mine. I grabbed at his bicep, squeezing it appreciatively.

"Thank you," I muttered.

I felt him nod before pressing his lips on mine gently. It felt good, the usual fireworks making me feel a million times better. I smiled gently as he forced me to lay down on the bed. Christian crawled on top of me and kissed me again, this time rougher.

He smirked and gripped the side of my waist, moving to the right side of my neck. I leaned to right, exposing the unmarked skin. It tickled a bit, but overall it just turned me on.

He stopped at a particular part of my neck. A part that should have a bite on it, but doesn't. Christian kissed it gently. I know what he wants to do, what's he preparing to do.

I know now that I want him to do this. I've been wanting him to mark me ever since I first kissed him, but now is the perfect time for it to happen.

"Do you want this?" he muttered against my neck. His warm breath hit the skin, making tingles ride up and down.

"Yes." I whispered back, sliding my hand behind his neck and waiting for it to happen.

Christian licked at the spot, preparing it. After a while he stopped and kissed my lips slowly.

I watched his teeth sharpen, the usual silver eyes turn yellow. Christian focused on my shoulder, leaning toward it slowly. He kissed it gently before biting into it, hard.

I bit into his shoulder as a tiny scream escaped my lips. Damn, I knew it was supposed to hurt, but I didn't know it would hurt this bad. Pain was laced all down my left arm, spreading up into my neck and chest. It gave me the feeling of fire searing through me, though it subsided to a more sore feeling.

After a couple seconds he was done, licking up the blood that escaped the wound.

Unlike other injuries, our marks won't heal. They'll always be on my neck now, giving me Christian's scent and telling everyone I'm his.

He fell on his back next to me, staring at the mark as if it weren't real. I mean, after all we've been through it would be hard to process too, but I'm proud of it now. If I would've told myself that in two weeks Christian would mark us, I probably would've bitch slapped myself. But now, now I feel like I'm in love with this man. And I don't know if its good or bad.

Slowly, I turned my head to look at it. There were two little holes, spaced far enough from each other as two canines should be. The skin around it was red, and the holes themselves were a little bloody, but it'll all heal soon.

"Lena," He whispered. I looked up at him, smiling.

Quickly, I rolled over on top of him, ignoring the odd feeling of weakness. It felt like half my body was numb.

"Chris?" I whispered back, stroking his cheek softly.

He smiled and pressed his lips on mine.

So maybe I don't feel utterly lost anymore. Maybe now I feel a little more found, a little less confused about some things. But that doesn't change the fact that I don't know what exactly is going on off in those woods.

Or the fact that I have a murderer on my tail.