sixteen

I followed Christian back out of the forest, since honestly I didn't know my way out. Electric tingles were buzzing on my lips from the kiss, coursing all throughout my body and providing adrenaline. The kiss itself was something else entirely, different from the other kisses I've had before. This one was energizing, leaving me craving more.

Once we reached the valley, Christian crouched in front of me, even though I was still in wolf form. People came running towards us with clothes; One, a girl with blonde hair holding a red hoodie and shorts, one a guy holding light jeans and a muscle tee. The girl with the hoodie approached me, holding out the clothes which I took in my mouth and retreated back into the forest.

My bones cracked as they moved and changed back into those of a human's. Slipping on the shorts and the hoodie, I walked back out, barefoot, to see Christian wearing the clothes he was given.

"C'mon," he whispered, charging forward and through the healthy green grass. There were more people out now, watching curiously or engaged in their own conversations. A couple of places were filled with a bunch people, who seemed to be training, pretty aggressively. We never trained people that hard, no wonder this pack can win so many battles, they're so crazily trained.

We walked back into the packhouse, thankfully the part I knew, and up the wooden stairs to the two doors leading to each other's bedrooms.

"This morning you promised," he explained, smirking widely. Oh right, I'm moving in.

Sighing, I nodded. "Fine but you're helping me."

"Deal."

|||

By the time my two suitcases were unpacked yet again in Christian's bedroom, it was already past lunch time.

He's got a pretty nice room, considering that the color scheme made him look like Count Dracula. The frame of the bed was sleek black wood with ornate carvings, while the soft covers were a blood red and black.

In the corner of the room was a large dresser and across from the bed was a TV propped up on the wall. There was a large window with a tiny black window seat, and a small black bookcase filled with books, half of which were mine. To the left of the bed was the bathroom and to the right was a huge walk in closet. One side was devoted to Christian, one for me (though some of his stuff still sat on my side).

"I'm hungry." I whined, falling back onto the bed. The fact that I just moved some stuff is still tiring. I haven't eaten a thing all day, yet my hunger only now wants to show.

"Then go eat." Said Christian bluntly, reaching into the dresser and pulling out something.

"Is someone grouchy?" I teased, sitting back up.

"No."

He shut the dresser, turning back to me. I met his silvery eyes silently, like having a staring contest. Something's wrong, I can tell. It's visible in his eyes, and especially since I can feel the fact that he's angry.

"What's wrong?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and examining his figure. The muscle tank he wore was making me drool altogether, even if I won't admit it, and his hair is perfectly messy.

"I'm fine," he shrugged, pulling out his phone and just as quickly putting it back. "Listen, you should probably go eat. I can already hear your stomach rumbling." He smirked, "Or maybe you were just staring at me too long. Either way, you're hungry."

Ok seriously?

"Man whore." I muttered, jumping up from the bed. My feet were now wearing some old converse, and thankfully cause I have man feet, according to my brothers.

"Aw, don't be so mean," he chuckled, swaggering up to my side. "Besides, I'm only a man whore when you want me to be one." He winked, kissed my cheek, and slipped out the door, leaving me speechless. "But shower, kitten!" He called from the hallway. Do I really smell?

He's so perfect, I could literally melt, Evangeline said dreamily, imagining Christian shirtless again. Okay, it's true that when I saw him, I had to look twice. Christian is just hot, abs and biceps, everything. My mouth was practically drooling at the sight, but since I was so angry and sad and confused and a bunch of other emotions, I just ignored the feeling to rip off his pants.

Scoffing, I took a very quick shower and continued out the doorand into the kitchen. There, was Christian and his mother, Nancy quietly cooking something while Christian sat at the island.

"They're at the southern border, nearing the eastern." He muttered, scooping food into his mouth. "By this time next month, they'll be on three borders, surrounding us."

Something in his voice was off, like he didn't want everyone to know this. But why? And who exactly is surrounding our pack?

"Someone told me you were hungry, Alena?" Nancy asked. Oh crap, I swear I didn't even make a sound!

Christian whipped his head around, glancing back at me. "Hey Lena," he said, stuffing another spoonful of what looks like macaroni.

"Hey," I muttered, moving into the kitchen and to the seat next to Christian.

What exactly were they talking about and why is it so secretive? Does he not want other people to know, or maybe me?

Don't ask him, my wolf chided. Okay, but I'm asking later.

Yeah whatever.

"Here you go dear," Nancy handed me a plate with macaroni and chicken nuggets on it.

"Thanks Nancy," she smiled before turning back to the now empty pot. Christian was almost done, only about a third left on his plate.

Damn it, my stupid curiosity is dying to know what he's talking about. I get the feeling he doesn't want to tell me, but I need to know. Maybe when Nancy leaves or something, I'll ask.

Finally, about ten minutes later, the dishes were clean and Nancy was gone. Christian was cleaning his plate while I was about to finish.

"What were you talking about?" I asked, staring intently at the back of his dark haired head.

"It's nothing, Alena. You don't need to be worried, I promise."

"Well someone is obviously surrounding our territory, and you're somewhat scared, I can tell, so it's gotta be big. What exactly are you keeping from me?"

Christian's shoulder sagged visibly, the dish now clean and gone.

"It's nothing, Alena. Like I said, you don't need to worry, I've got it under control." He walked back kissed my forehead, and then left the room quickly, knowing I would ask more questions. Of course I don't believe that everything's alright, I'm not some stupid blonde Barbie doll or something, I'm an alpha's daughter and a Luna! And being Luna means he should tell me everything, not keep it from me.

One thing I know right now however, is that I'm gonna get it out of him sooner or later. Even if it means finding out for myself by going into that damned forest.