Three Days Later

Its been the same since Patrick told Pete. Besides the make out sessions the two had. Patrick still was having morning sickness which he hated. Thank god that will be over with soon.

Right now Patrick was sleeping upstairs in their shared room. Pete was in the living room reading all the papers. It wasn't like he didn't know about pregnancies, but this one was different. He was feeling slightly tired from reading the printed words over and over again. Then he was wide awake from what he read. He ran upstairs with the paper and to their room.

"Patrick!" Pete said jumping in the bed and shaking him. "Babe wake up"

"Let me sleep, Pete" Patrick said going under the blankets.

"You have to read this though"

"Read it to me" Patrick mumbled.

"You have to be awake" Patrick groaned and sat up agains the headboard. He grabbed his glasses so he can see Pete.

"The paper says that you have a 13% chance of surviving when the baby's born. Majority of the people who did gave natural birth" Pete said sounding heartbroken.

"Then I get a c-section. Problem solved" Patrick said like it was nothing.

"But you can still die. I don't want to lose either one of you" Pete said as he put his head in Patrick's lap. He had started crying sightly not being able to hold it in anymore.

"You won't lose the baby" Patrick said running his hand through Pete's hair.

"But I can. They can only save one of you guys and it's possible that both of you die" Pete sobbed out.

"Peter look at me" Patrick put his finger under his chin to lift his head up. "When the time comes" he took a breath. He can't  believe he's going to say these word out loud. "You pick the baby over me"

"No" Pete said shaking his head as he sat up. "No, Patrick. I'm not doing that. I'm not losing you" Pete said full out crying now.

"Peter you have to" Patrick, who was now crying, rested his hand against Pete's cheek. "You pick the baby over me. That way when I'm gone, you still have a piece of me"

"I can't lose you. I just got you back" Pete said engulfing Patrick in a hug.

"I know. You have to though. You never know. They might be able to save both of us"

"I hope so" Pete said. Pete kissed Patrick passionately like it was their last.

Patrick broke the kissed and moved to lay down again. "I want cuddles" He said reaching for Patrick.

"Fine. Let me change" Pete stripped down to his boxers and got into bed. Patrick immediately cuddled into Pete's chest. Pete wrapped his arms around him and soon feel asleep to Patrick's soft snores.