Painted Blue Victory

My new room was small and musky. The walls were a dark gray and the floors were concrete. In one corner a small wardrobe sat witch an attached desk to the side. On the other corner, a bed. On the farthest wall sat a sink and toilet. In the middle of the ceiling a shower head hung and on the floor a small drain sat. On the side, a small cooling unit and microwave with one cupboard. As a soldier I am provided lunch and water so my meal portions are limited at home, though they have more calories and fats since I now burn them more quickly. I take off my baggy shirt and throw it towards the wardrobe. I plop on my bed and untie my shoes. I chuck them towards the door and lay down. I can feel the sticky bandage on my chest and think back to this morning. If Jake didn't save me I would be dead right now. Or would have I gone through with it? I'd like to think I wouldn't but something tells me different. I had to act so strong in front of everybody, always smirking or making a witty comment. If I wanted to survive the next two weeks I couldn't have another breakdown.

Waking up in a new room was frightening, and it took me a moment to regroup myself. I looked at the time, 15 minutes till training. I sigh and get up, walk to my wardrobe and put on my first real training gear. It's tight and black, nothing like I am used to. Women are not allowed to wear anything form fitting. The gear lets me move around with ease and grace. I find shoes at the bottom of the wardrobe and put them on. Everything fits perfectly, and I wonder if they hade to make these specifically for me. I head out the door and head to the training room. Since I am now living in army headquarters I don't have to walk as far. The training level is one floor below me so I decide to take the stairs. I get to the training hall and go to the last door. I open it and slip inside.

The door unfortunately slams behind me and everyone looks my way. I awkwardly wave at them and go to the side of the room. I stretch for a bit. Ben walks over to me and stretches too.

"I never thought I would see you in this room again." He admitted while touching his toes.

"Neither did I." I said smiling.

"I am sorry about not saying anything at your trial. Maybe it would of helped."

"Don't sweat it. Besides if I hadn't gone to jail I wouldn't have gotten this deal." I said motioning around me.

"What is the deal? Why are you back here?" He asked.

"I am sure someone will explain today before training starts." Maybe Will or a soldier." I told him and he nodded.

The door opened and three soldiers entered. One of them Jake and the others not familiar. They walked to the center of the room and stopped.

"Soldiers! Please come forward to me." Jake yelled. Everyone obeyed.

"Good, Now I would like to explain something to you guys so listen up. As you can probably tell Ms. Ringman is back to train with you. The president has decided to let her in the army for two weeks to prove she and other women can never be a warrior. He mostly is doing this experiment for amusement." Jake yelled at the team. Jake was lying for the president. He didn't want to scare anyone in thinking that a war would finally be upon us, after years of waiting.

"You will treat her with as much respect as your fellow soldiers, anyone who doesn't will answer to me. Me and the two men behind me will be inspecting her work over the next two weeks, but keep in mind we will be watching you men as well." Everyone nodded and Jake stepped aside and let Will in the center.

"Soldier Jake everyone!" Will said clapping his hands. A few lame claps and whistles and Jake smiled. "Alright today we will practice some more shooting and aim. I am too lazy to explain the consequences to you again so just know, if you kill someone the government is going to have a field day on you. Everyone get a gun and stand in front of your target. We obeyed and stood about twenty away from a big piece of plywood with a target painted in the middle.