Chapter 5 (Pic of Jade)

I look at Aaron laying unconscious on the ground, and something shoots through me. I brush it off and kneel next to him on the grass. I move the hair out of his face and look at the cut on his face. I ask Nick to get me all the things I need and he does as he's told and goes to get them.

"Bryce where does Aaron live?" I ask to see if we could get him home.  

"Uhm he just moved."  

"Where?"

Right next to me. That's where! Nick said that he didn't know the address but he knew how to get there so me Nick, Aaron, and Bryce all got in Aaron's car and drove to Aaron's house. I sat in back with Aaron and Nick drove with Bryce in the front.

"Woah woah woah! This is my street." I say slowly, looking around. Then he pulls into the house next to mine. No ones home. His parents left out of town yesterday, that I saw/heard the horn beep at 6 am. We get Aaron inside and up stairs to his room. I turn to look at Bryce and Nick.

"Uhm I guess you guys can go, I mean I live next door so I guess I got this?" the nod and give me their numbers for updates. I text Ben and tell him I'm staying the night with a friend and I'd be over soon to get clothes.

I go and grab some shorts and a tank top and go back over to Aaron's house. I watch the unconscious Aaron, so sweet, so gentle, so cute... Wait what!? What did I just say?? It was nothing Hasley! You just got carried away that's all.

It's been three hours and he still hasn't moved. I'm starting to get worried. I pace back and forth in the room, trying to think.

"You're cute when you're worried." my head snaps over to the bed to see a conscious Aaron. A huge smile spreads across my face.

"Oh my goodness! Aaron!" I breathe out, running over to him. "You're ok."  

He laughs at me. "What are you doing here?" I don't take it offensively.

"I found out that I live next door." I say shyly. There's a sudden spark of interest in his eyes now.

"You do!!?" he says, shocked and happy. I nod my head grinning. We sit there for a while, my back starts to get uncomfortable.

"you really scarred me." I whisper out. I looks up at me.  

"Why?"  

"I'm not really sure..." I have no clue what my body's doing or thinking. Everything's running crazy. He moves over and lets me sit against a pillow. After a few awkward minutes I decide that he doesn't need me.

"I'm gonna...go. You look ok so I guess I'm gonna go, you know next door." I say, getting up to leave. Something snaps in him suddenly.

"Text me!" I jump.  

" 'scuse me?"  

"Yu never texted me about the project, so I don't have your number. What if I need you?" I smile as I walk out the door.

'Aaron?' I text.  

'Hasley?'  

'Yeah...'  

'Thank you Haz.'  

'Anytime.'