Chapter 32

Nick jumps up and runs at me. He grabs my waist and pushes me into Ellie.

"Take her up to her room and go to Aaron's. Now!" He whisper yells. I don't even hesitate. I bolt up the stairs and lead El to the window, I grab my phone and jump out the window onto the tree branch. We jump across and make it to Aaron's window. I look in and see.

It's dark.

I gently knock on the window, "Aaron?" I whisper even though I know he won't hear me.

"What's wrong?" El whispers next to me.

I turn to her, shaking. "I don't think he's here." I try knocking again and cup my hands and look inside the dark room.

"HASLEY!" My heart stops and I automatically grab El's hand.

"HASLEY! GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE! I DON'T APPRECIATE A TATTLE TELL!" I try pull on the window and it opens up. I jump in the room, falling onto the carpet. El hurries in after me.

"Do you think he saw us?" i whisper.

She shakes her head. "I looked over and he wasn't there, he was just yelling at the door." I let out a sigh of relief. I look up to see Aaron sitting on the bed looking really pissed and confused. I jump up and jump into Aaron's arms. He hesitates for a minute before grabbing me tightly. I sob into his shoulder and shake profusely.

"Baby what's wrong?" I shake some more.

"He's here..." I whisper in a shaky voice. He tenses and stops rubbing my back instantly.

"Let go of me Haz." He says sternly. I freeze too.

"No!" I yell, pulling back to look at him. "Nick's over there! You can't get hurt!" A tear slips down my cheek. "I love you." I whisper to only him.

"I love you. But I need to go teach him a lesson! I'm done with his crap and shit and he needs to leave us-YOU alone!" I shake my head.

"please...?" I whisper, my voice shaking again, showing how scared I am.

He grabs me against him and kisses my hair, "the things I do for you..." He mumbles. I bring my arms around and place them in his lap and lay my head against his chest and look down at my dirty hands.

I feel so gross.

I feel so used.

I feel...betrayed.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door, and I jump and freeze in Aaron's arms.

"Get in the corner." He whisper's. I kiss his cheek gently, before grabbing El's hand and pulling her to the side of the room facing away from the door.

Aaron opens the door slowly and lets out a sigh of relief as Nick walks in the room.

 "Nick!" El shrieks, running at him and crying into his shoulder. He grabs her and strokes her back. I hurry back over to Aaron.

"Nick? Where is he?"

"I told him to leave and if came back we'd call the cops. And he said I wouldn't dare, so I called the cops and told them everything that happened. The rape, the second attempt rape, him showing up at your door and threatening you. They asked for his address and hing up saying they would deal with it."

I ran at him and gave him a huge, bone-crushing hug. I'm pulled off suddenly.

"Alright alright. You have your own boyfriend Haz." I did.

I had the best boyfriend.

And I got mad for being protective of me.

I feel like shit.

I turn towards Aaron. "Please forgive me?" He smiles and pulls me to him.

"Of course."

"Let's have a sleepover!" El yells, causing us all to jump.

"Yeah. Come on Haz! Let's do it at your house!" I laugh and shake my head.

"FINE!" Aaron and Nick gather some clothes and snacks and we head out to the trees to go to my house for a "sleepover".