Chapter 15

"I FOUND HER!" I hear a muffled yell from down the hall then the sound of little feet running. I move off of Aaron's lap slowly, not wanting to leave the safety and comfort of his lap. I hear him sigh slightly as the door swings open. I make it so I'm sitting across from Aaron but can still see Cas, our knees are touching and it's causing sparks and butterflies to surge through my leg.

Aaron reaches over and wipes a stray tear that I missed then puts a smile on his face and looks up at Cassidy. I sniffle once more and put a slight smile on my face and look at her too. She looks at us with a suspicious eye, yep she's definitely Aaron's sister.

"Are you guys ok?" She asks in a shaky voice. Me and Aaron both nod simultaneously.

"We're fine." We both say at the time, causing Cassidy to go into a fit of giggles. I watch as Aaron starts to tickle her. I smile at how good he is with her and how sweet he is when she's around. I look at the clock and notice that it's 11:42. PM. My smile fads and my heart starts to beat quickly. I lean over and whisper into Aaron's ear.

"Uhm Aaron? It's 11:42..." Aaron sits up straight and smiles at me.

"Ooooh Caaaaasssiiiiiddddyyyy!" Cas giggles again.

"What Aaaaarrrrwinnnn?"

"BED TIME!" He yells jumping up and throwing her over his shoulder and she hollers. He starts to walk out the door but stops short and looks back at me and smiles looking confused.

"Well? Come on!" He says. I smile and jump and follow Aaron down the hall. I stop outside of Aarons sister's room and wait till she changes and he walks out. When he comes out, he looks around, turns off the hall way light and looks down at me with a mischievous grin on his face. It's dark, but I can still see his grin. He pushes me up against the wall and pulls his face in so that we're only inches apart, our noses almost touching.

My breathing hitches as I stare into his eyes. His hands make their way around my waist, pulling me closer to him. My breath stops as he breathes against my neck, toying with me. Suddenly, just as I'm about to wrap my arms around his waist, I'm hoisted into the air and swung over Aaron's shoulder.

"Aaron!--" A hand is slapped against my butt.

"Shhhh! Cassidy and my mom are asleep!" He whisper yells. I can almost see the smirk on his face now. I glare daggers into his back as he hauls me back into his room. He shuts the door quietly and sets me down, but pushes me back up against the wall before I can get away. He stares into my eyes, contently. He closes them, breathing in and opens them slowly 10 seconds later. His hands find their way around my waist again as he draws random shapes on my bare hip.

He sighs, "Look Hasley. I don't want your pity or sympathy. If you don't want to see that, then you're just going to have to leave." I feel a tinge of pain shoot through my heart.

He thinks that I feel ashamed for being around her? Tears start to fill my eyes. He looks at me confused before muttering oh shit and tightening his grip on my waist.

"I-I'm sorry Hazy! I-I didn't mean to make you cr-cry." He looks so cute when he's all flustered.

"You-You want me to-to stay away from you?" I sniffle. "And Cassidy?" I add at the end. Aaron looks down at me like I've gone crazy. He starts to shake his head furiously.

"No no no no no no! You misunderstood me!--" I look away from him.

"I think I heard you quite well." I cross my arms over my chest. I can feel his hurt gaze on me. A stray tear rolls down my cheek.

He grabs my hands and pulls them away from my chest. I look up at him now, noticing that his eyes are full of anger.

"Hasley! I would never say that! I don't want you to stay away from me!" He says, shaking his head. "Or Cassidy." He grins slightly, mimiking me. A tear falls down my cheek and my bottom lip starts to quiver. I move my hands from him and wrap my arms around his torso, hugging him. He instantly hugs me back, tightly.

"i'm sorry." He whispers into my hair.

"I'm sorry too." I whisper into his chest, taking in his cologne..