Chapter 8

"You all are suspended for the rest of the week." Mrs. Riddly says after hearing everything. she shakes her head. "I have to say, I am shocked in the two of you." Mrs. Riddly looks at Aaron and I. She frowns shaking her head.

"Now go. You are to not come within 50 feet of the school grounds. Starting today, you all are suspended. You may leave and get your belongings and go home, go back to your class and collect your things and go home. Brittany do not socialize with Ms. Hasley here and Ms. Hasley, you do the same." With a nod of our heads, we leave the room and go back to class to get our bags.

Talk about awkward. Walking into the class, and the whole class stares at each of us and whispers. I quickly get out and sit on the benches outside, Ben is my only ride home. I hear the door open, and Aaron comes out and sits next to me. He sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"I-I'm sorry." I say, I feel bad because this is partially my fault. He sighs again.

"This is not your fault, it's hers." He says, shaking his head. "My moms gonna be pissed." He says, placing his head against the wall.

"My whole family's gonna be pissed!" I say, thinking about how proud my family always is of my grades and how I'm "actually going to get into college." as my mother always says.

He sighs again, slumping into the chair. I squeeze my eyes shut tight.

"Aaron?"

"Hmm."

"Would you like a ride? I-I mean you live next door--and I guess-- gahh! Just say yes please so I can stop rambling!" I finally yell defeated. He chuckles at me.

"Why? I like it when you ramble." he says, winking. Cocky jerk.