Chapter 9: Charles is...

EMILY

This was it.This was how I was going to die.Scared and alone.

"PLEASE!PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME!" I screamed,hoping Charles was hiding somewhere in the graveyard.

"PLEASE DON'T KILL ME CHARLES!TALK TO ME PLEASE! I cried.Next thing I knew,Charles was in front of me,holding a large rock in his hand.He was trying to repeat Alison's murder,but this time he was planning on succeeding with killing someone.That someone was me.I launched myself at him with all my strength,pinning him to the ground.He reached up towards my neck,trying to strangle me.I knocked the rock out of his free hand and grabbed for his mask.He tried to push my hands away but I grabbed for the rock and hit it against his hand.I heard a crack and knew I had broken his wrist.I grabbed for his mask and pulled it off.Oh my god.I had finally come face to face with our tormentor.

"It's you,oh my god,IT'S YOU!".

I grabbed for the rock again and hit the side of his head.I had knocked him out but I hadn't killed him,he was still breathing.I got up and ran towards the end of the graveyard,looking for an escape.I scanned the headstones and noticed one of them had "Charlie D" written on it.I ran to it,hoping this was my way out.I pulled the headstone towards me and felt the ground beneath me begin to separate,and I looked on in amazement as I stepped back.There was a stairwell under the graveyard.This was my escape.I ran down the stairs as quick as possible and found myself in a familiar hallway.It was the dollhouse.Oh my god,Charles had rebuilt on the land and was hiding the dollhouse.I knew the hallways like the back of my hand at this stage.I ran down the hallway,heading for the exit.As I turned the corner,I could hear a muffled noise,as if someone was screaming.I looked towards a door on the left of me,where the noise seemed to coming from.I pulled the door open.

"MOM!Oh my god mom,are you ok?"I cried as I ran towards her.

"Yes Emily,I'm fine but we have to get out of here,before Charles kills us"she sobbed,holding my face in her hands.

"I know how to get us out of here,but we have to go,NOW!" I emphasized,pulling her out the door with me.I ran with her,until I found the exit,and we both threw ourselves against the doors until they burst open and we fell onto the ground outside.As we picked ourselves up,I heard someone calling my name.Aria.Within seconds her and Alison came into sight,running towards us

"Oh thank god,you're ok" Aria sighed,trying to hold back tears.

"I was so worried Em" Alison informed me,tears streaming down her face.I pulled her close and composed myself,ready to tell the three of them what I had seen.

"I know who Charles is,I saw him without his mask" I blurted as I took in the shocked looks on their faces.

"How?" Aria questioned.

"He brought me to this field and it was so dark,and he had a sign telling me to go to a graveyard,but I wouldn't go,so he knocked me out and dragged me there.It had mostly empty headstones,but there was this circle of headstones,and each headstone had a name on it.Charles' victims.He appeared again and tried to kill me,like he tried to kill you,Ali,so I broke his wrist and pulled his mask off and I saw his face.His eyes were so angry,so full of hate,I was terrified he was going to kill me,so I knocked him out and I ran".

"So you saw his face,you know who Charles is?" Alison gasped.

"Yeah,I saw his face" I assured her.

"So,who is it?" Aria asked.

"Charles is Ezra".