Chapter 3: Sleep tight,Bitch

EMILY

"Emily,I'm heading your way,do you want a lift?".

It was Ezra.I had finished my shift,and I was just about to leave when Ezra had appeared from the kitchen.Him and Aria hadn't been a couple for almost a year at this stage,but every so often he'd visit,just to make sure she was coping.His visits had become more frequent since the Radley incident.

"Yeah,thanks Ezra,that would be great".

Ezra was a great help.He didn't just care for Aria,he made sure we were all ok,that we were coping with life.He had helped Spencer and Hanna pack when they were getting ready to move away for college.He made sure that I ate well and didn't work too much.

"So,Emily,how are things with you?How are you feeling?".

Should I lie or should I tell him the truth?Smile and nod,or let him know I hadn't slept in four days?

"Actually,I'm not doing all that well".

Soon,I found myself telling Ezra everything,my nightmares,my fears,how I felt I was losing everybody around me.I cried and cried until my eyes were sore and red and dry,and then,I felt like I could breathe.Finally I felt like I could breathe.I had told Ezra everything,more than I had told Hanna,or Spencer,or Paige,or Alison.I had told him how I had stolen my dad's gun,and how I'd walk up from a nightmare shaking so hard I'd vomit.I was no longer breathless.I could breathe,and I was very,very tired.

"Let's get you home,Em".

Ezra placed his jacket on my shoulders and walked me to his car.When we got onto my street,he walked me to my door and made sure my mom wasn't too worried.Then he promised to drive me to work the next day.I kissed my mom on the cheek and headed upstairs.

"Goodnight,mom".

"Goodnight,Em."

As I opened my door,I flicked on the light switch and opened the door of my closet.Something caught my eye,and I turned around to glance in my mirror.A scream vibrated out of me,louder than anything I had ever heard in my whole life.On my mirror,in red lipstick,it was scrawled.

"You're not the only one who stole your dad's gun.Sleep tight,bitch.-A".I ran over to the mirror and noticed that in the corner of the mirror,there was a picture,of a pile of dirt,with a cross stuck in it.On the cross,a name was carved.Wayne Fields.