Chapter 15: Group Visit

EMILY

The house phone rang about five times before I answered it.I rolled over and reached across Ali for the phone.No caller ID came up,but I answered it.

"Hello is this Emily Fields?"

"Who's asking?"

"Rosewood PD.This is Officer Peters.I'm calling regarding one of our prisoners,Ezra Fitz.He has requested your attendance at a group visit in two hours".

"A group visit?"

"Yes.Thank you for your time".The line went dead.

"Who was that?" Ali questioned,sitting up in the bed.

"Officer Peters from Rosewood PD.Ezra's requested that I attend a group visit.Why does he want me to go?".

"He's playing with your head,he's trying to get to you".

"Is it bad that I want to go and see what he has to say?".

"No you deserve answers and if you want them,go get them".

*****************************************************************

I was sat waiting in the police station when Aria walked in.

"Emily!Did Ezra ask for you to be here?".

"Yeah,and you? I don't like this one bit"

"Miss Montgomery?Miss Fields?Visiting hours have now begun if you would kindly step through to the visiting room" an officer said coming up to the two of us.Aria grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.I could feel her trembling and I could see she was holding back tears.I was angry,but she what I felt,I knew she felt in larger quantities.The man who she had risked the wrath of her parents to see,the man who she had lost her virginity to,the man who had broken her heart and stitched it back together,picked her up when she had fallen,was the man who tried to kill her and everyone close to her.He was the man who had tried to freeze her to death and stapled her to a wall.He was a man unhinged who had taken everything Aria had given him,only to hack it to pieces and throw it back in her face.We walked into the visiting room and sat down,still holding hands.

There he was.Shaggy hair and deranged eyes.He was not the Ezra Fitz that had been the saviour and comforter of everyone close to us.But I had to realize that version of Ezra Fitz had never existed.It had all been a clever disguise.

"I've missed you" he whispered,staring at Aria.She was trying keep her composure she was trying to keep it together in front of him,but tears were spilling down her cheeks.

"I can still get to you.I didn't mean a single word I've ever said to you,but that doesn't matter now,because you believe it all,don't you?" he hissed.

"Just shut up,Ezra.She doesn't want to hear what you have to say,but I do.Why did you do it? Why did you try to kill Ali?Why torture some teenage girls?It's a bit twisted,isn't it?" I growled.

"You tried to take Ali away from me!"

"No I didn't Ezra.You're the one who tried to kill her! You buried her alive.You let everyone who has ever love her think she was dead,and why?All because she dumped you! You're the one who tried to take Ali away.You do realize that you committed attempted murder and all because Ali didn't want to be with you.That's messed up Ezra!"

"Ali didn't realize I was the best thing to happen to her.I had tried to tell her again and again but she wouldn't listen.She kept saying how it was only a summer thing and how I was too old for her and that it would never work and all these excuses,but I knew it had to be someone and then I saw her meet Ian and I couldn't take it!She had dumped me for a creep who was dating her best friends' sister and I was so angry and next thing I knew she was on the ground and I had hit her.I was scared so I buried her.My mind was all over the place that I didn't even think of checking her pulse.But I heard that she was actually alive and planning on returning to Rosewood and I knew as soon as she returned I'd never get a look in so I knew I had to scare all of you into leaving Rosewood,but you're persistent bitches.That's why I had to single out each one of you.I forgot how strong you are Emily,that was your saving grace,otherwise you'd be dead".

I knew he meant it.He wasn't finished and he'd never be finished.The only way he'd stop is when he stopped breathing.

"C'mon Aria,we're leaving.I can't even look at this pathetic excuse for a second longer.I hope you rot in hell Ezra". I walked out of there with every limb in my body shaking.

"Emily,you're so strong" Aria gasped,pulling me in for a hug.

"I'm not Aria.I'm not" I cried falling to my knees.

"I want him to die,I want him to die a slow and painful death" Aria sobbed kneeling down beside me.

"He'll get what's coming to him" I sniffed. Aria helped me up off the ground and we walked out of the station together,sobbing like idiots.We sat on the bench outside the station and cuddled close together.

"We'll get through this,Aria.Ali,you and me.It will be over soon and we'll join Hanna and Spencer and start living our lives".

"How can we?"

"The only way we can live our lives in peace is if we know Ezra is dead.That can only happen one way.We have to kill Ezra".