Chapter 11

"Oh my god" my doctor said. I could see that she was shocked. "What doc?" I ask worriedly. What came out of me next was a baby...a baby that wasn't moving nor breathing. A baby that was only a couple pounds... She was a beautiful baby girl. They immediately tried to resuscitate her.

August held my hand and kissed me several times "it'll be OK" he kept muttering. I could see he was crying. They couldn't get her to breath so they stopped "let me hold her" I says. They wrapped her up in a blanket and handed her to me. Then our son started having troubles trying to breath so they quickly took him to the NICU and got him all hooked up to machines.

I held my daughter silently praying to God to let my baby live. After a good 30 minutes I heard a little cry. August and I both looked down full of surprise. August yelled for the doctors who came in and saw the baby crying and took her to the NICU immediately.

"We have 2 beautiful babies" I cried happily "yes we do, but we shouldn't get our hopes up just yet" he says "yeah your right. I was so sad when the doctors told me that I could breast feed Quincy until he was breathing on his own and I could feed our daughter until she gained a lot of weight "if they are twins then why is she smaller?" I ask " he took most of her nutrients " my doctor says.

August stayed by my side the whole time. After I was able to walk and look decent his friends and family started coming to see us. At first I said no but then he said that they wanted to make sure we were all ok so I agreed. When they all got here we went to go see the babies together.

"So what are you guys gonna name your daughter?" That asked. August and I looked at each other. "Unique" we said together and then he kissed me on the forehead. We were in sync we knew what each other was thinking. The doctors said that we wouldn't be able to take Unique home for awhile so she can gain weight.

The next day I was able to breast feed Quincy. August stayed right by my side. He was a natural he was already a good father. He held Quincy and rocked him to sleep "babe" I says "what?" He says "I love you" "I love you to baby" he says laying Quincy down. We took Quincy back back to the nursery so I could get some rest we then went to the NICU...for the first time they let me feed Unique because she was doing so good.

"How much does she weigh now?" We asked "she weighs almost 4 pounds, she seems to be doing good so we will start taking her off all these machines and seeing how she does" the nurse says. After I finished feeding her they started unhooking her and she did very good "if she keeps doing so good when will we be able to go home?" I ask.

"We wanna be able to watch her for a few more days" they said which we thought that was a good idea. We put the babies to sleep and then we went back to our room to relax. I heard August stomach growl. "Babe when was the last time you ate?" I ask

"I think when we were in Vegas" he says "babe I'm fine the babies are fine you need to go to the cafeteria and get something to eat...and get me something to please" I says smiling "are you sure?" August says worriedly "yes babe if anything happens I'll make sure to call you but the doctors says they are OK and we get to take them home soon" I says excitedly "ok" he says hanging me my phone.

While August was gone, the nurse brought me my babies "its time to eat" she says "perfect" I says. I fed both of them and changed their diapers. I kept them a little long so that August could hold them. He came back about 10 minutes later with a burger and fries and a blt and a strawberry banana smoothie "thank you baby" I says.