Chapter Fifteen

Cassie

Thanksgiving was in two days, so me and Chris went grocery shopping for our dinner party. "So who all are you inviting?" I asked Chris as I picked out some yams. "Ummm, maybe Meghan."

"Yeah I like her."

"What about you?" I bit my lip. "umm, nobody I guess." I mumbled. "What about Chres?" He asked.

I shook my head, "I think it's better he spends time with his brother."
-__-_-___-_-_-___-_--_-__-_-__-_-_-_

"Why can't we wait until tomorrow?" I whined, referring to cooking the food. But of course Chris didn't agree, "If we start today, we won't have to be cooking all tomorrow and then we won't be as tired the day of."

We ended up finishing half of the stuff and we were going to cook the rest tomorrow. "Well I guess you got the kitchen." I said making my way upstairs. I heard him mumble something under his breath, but I just kept walking.

I went to check my phone on the charger. Nobody ever calls or texts me at all, well the person I want to(Chresanto). I wanted him to call me and tell me "I miss you." Or "when you coming to see me." But I guess someone else does have his attention, I started getting ready for bed because I smelled really bad and tried my best not to think about Chres. I washed up and washed my hair. I pulled my hair in a top not, I washed my face then brushed my teeth.

Knock
Knock
Knock

I clutched my towel around me tighter and cracked the door, I peeked my head out. "Yes Chris?" I answered politely,

"Here I forgot to give this to you earlier." he handed me a letter. "It came in the mail today." He informed told me, I nodded and closed the door. I tossed the letter on my bed and finished getting ready for bed, I wore my t-shirt I stole from Chresanto's house to bed.

It smelled just like him, I sat on my bed and peeled the letter open I read it briefly.

Cassidell Rénee Auburn,
On behalf of your mother we would like you to attend thanksgiving dinner with your family. It will be held at our lovely home, the address is 3457 Millington Lane, Hollywood,  California. Dinner will be held at 8pm sharp and you may invite up to one guest. No earlier, no later, no more, no less. We'll be awaiting your arrival.

Sincerely, George Arthur Aburn III.

I felt a headache begin to creep inside of my brain. Of course I had to go, I haven't seen my parents in years, but Everytime I think of them and my situation I get a big headache and who would I invite, My first pick would be Chris but then I realized that's a bad idea, a very bad idea.

I don't even know if I want to go myself. I decided to just set it aside for now and made a mental note to deal with it tomorrow.
-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-____-

I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen to see chris already starting to cook. "Why didn't you wait on me?" I asked, sitting at the island. "Because I would never get it done." he mumbled. "Is that my shirt?" he said glancing up at me.

I smiled, "Noopee." He raised an eyebrow. "So you just bought you some men's t-shirts?" he said adding some seasonings to a pot. "Its not my shirt."

"You took Chresanto's shirt."He laughed, "He gave it to me." I lied.

"I'm going to see him today." I decided and jogged up the steps into my room.
-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_

"Damn, you just love popping up here whenever huh?"

"Where's Creston?" I ignored his last statement, "Running around here somewhere." I shook my head, "Shouldn't you be watching him?"

"I just told you what he's doing."

I rolled my eyes, "Anyways I came here to tell you we're having thanksgiving dinner tomorrow."

He smirked, "That's it?"

I rolled my eyes again, "Uh yeah." He shrugged, "Alright cool." He said walking me back to the door. I cocked my head at him, "Are you trying kicking me out?" He rubbed his chin, "I mean....you already told me what you needed to tell me." He said opening the door.

I sucked my teeth, "Unless there's something else you need to tell me." He shrugged. "Ummm." I was choked up, What was he expecting? He lightly pushed me out the door.

"Goodbye Cassie." he said before closing them.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I walked into the house to see Chris watching tv. I was still bamboozled by what happened at Chres' place. I was still trying to configure the hints he was leaving me. I'm so confused.

"Why are you just standing there." Chris looked at me. "Umm." He shook his head. "Are you high?"

"Uh."

"Cassie?" He said sitting up. I cleared my throat.

"Uhh, I just need to go lay down."