Chapter Nineteen

Cassie

I thanked Chresantofor dropping me off at Chris' house before I walked inside and went upstairs to his room. He was sound asleep in his bed like nothing happened the other day. I didn't want to wake him so I just left out and walked in my room, which was still in one piece. I grabbed me a t-shirt and leggings and took me a shower.

when I finished my shower I put my hair in a high bun and washed my face. I got out the bathroom and went downstairs to grab something to eat. I looked in the fridge and grabbed some of Chris's takeout, he dosent eat leftovers anyways.

I heated it in the microwave and ate my food. I pulled out my phone and I decided to call my father, who I haven't talked to in years. I don't know what made me just decide to call him but I did it anyways. I know he's mad at me for not coming to the thanksgiving dinner, but it won't be the first family gathering i've missed.

I dialed his number and let it ring

???: Auburn Residence how may I help you?

I twisted my face up, What type of shit is this?

Cassie: Um, Hey, this is Cassie-Casidelle Auburn, I'm calling to speak with my uhh dad......

I cringed at my first name, I hated it. The only person who knew my real first name was Chris.

???: Okay Ma'am, I'm assuming that you're referring to Mr.Auburn.

Cassie: Uh, yeah....Yes that's him.

???: Okay Ms, Mr.Auburn will be with you shortly.

I rolled my eyes at how proper she was and waited for him to come to the phone

George (Cassie's Dad): Casidelle?

I silently gagged to myself, what type of name is that? They claim they're so smart and proper but didn't have enough sense to name me something half decent.

Cassie: H-hey dad.

George: Your mother and I were expecting you last week, she's very upset that you couldn't make it.

Cassie: I had other plans.

I spoke dryly

George: Are you still living with that boy?

I rolled my eyes, he was referring to Cario.

Cassie: No, I'm staying with Chris, you remember Chris. Right?

George: Christopher, the one with the baby?

My dad used to like Chris, until he found out he had a baby. My dad dosent believe in sex before marriage.

Cassie: Yeah, That's him.

George: Ahh, You Know he could've had something better out of life, if he never got that woman pregnant.

I scoffed

Cassie: I think he has all he wants now. He has a beautiful daughter and he just got a record deal.

I said standing up for Chris

George: A record deal? That's not a real occupation or job. Speaking of jobs, how's things going at the hospital, if that's one satisfactory thing you've done in your life.

Cassie: Better than ever, things are great.

I lied

George: Who is that on the telephone George?

Someone in the background questioned, I think it's my mom.

???: Who is this?

It obviously wasn't my dad on the phone anymore. It was my mother.

Cassie: Hey Mama

I heard her scoff in the background.

Venessa(Cassie mom): enough said, get this phone away from me.

I assumed she told my dad.

George: Hello

Cassie: You know what I'm going to go....

I said hanging up, they look at me as such a disappointment. I could never have a conversation without them making me feel worthless.

I let the tears that were brimming fall and quickly wiped them away. "Why are you crying Cassie?" someone asked making me jump. I turned around to see Chris, with his head deep into a cabinet. "How long have you been down here?" he pulled a bottle of dark liquor out. "Don't ignore my question." he said, drinking straight from the bottle. "I'm not crying." I mumbled.

He chuckled sarcastically, "I guess we lie to each other now. I should be the one crying, I found out about my, unborn child." he said sitting at the tabl. "I know."

"I don't think I want the deal anymore." he shook his head, drinking the liquor as if it was water. I shook my head, "Your flying down there." he cocked his head at me. "You think working at the bar is going to provide you your whole life. I hate to break it to you but it's not and you have a daughter, a living one at that, that you still need to provide for." I snapped.

"You don't know how it feels, to lose a child." he grumbled, I narrowed my eyes at him. "I dont?" He nodded, "No you don't."

"I dont?!" I repeated. I stood up from the table.

"I lost two of my goddamn children!" I said, starting to cry. "I was getting read to have twins, twins!" I sobbed. "And he beat me, he killed our babies!" I yelled at him, he sat there looking me straight in my eyes, I never had told him that. I never told anyone that.

"He killed our babies, Cario did that." He ran a hand down his face, "Im sorry Cassie, I didn't know." he said lowly.

"And on top of that, he got another bitch pregnant! And he didn't beat her, she kept her baby! And he helped take care of it and I was stupid enough to stick around!" I said crying harder. He stood up and tried to hug me but I snatched away. "Your going fly to Florida, not for me, but for you and your daughter." I said before walking away.
-_-_--__-_-_-_--_-__--_-__-_-_-_-_-_
Dayuuuuuuummmmmmmnnn

¥Comment About¥

°Cassies Miscarriage (Somewhat).....°

^Cassies Parents.^

{And Chris Not Wanting The Record Deal.}

Don't forget to vote