Chapter 1 The meeting

Clayton and Aaron were on there way to a meeting with Eragon and Saphira to discuss their trip to Alagaesia. "This is going to be interesting" Clayton said. Don't worry, it won't be that bad Aaron said, his thoughts reverberating through Clayton's mind. Clayton adjusted his seating in the saddle as Aaron slowly walked down the corridor. Clayton listened to the clicking of his claws letting the rythm calm him. When they finally arrived at the massive doors that led to Eragon and Saphira's quarters they paused thinking. Clayton rubbed the brilliant red scales on the back of Aarons neck feeling the rough texture under his hands. "Are you worried" he asked, already knowing the answer due to their mental link. Of course not Aaron lied. The huge doors opened with a low moan. Clayton and Aaron entered. 

Inside the room was gigantic. Near the wall there was a bed and a table which was covered in ink wells, quills, and scrolls. But the second half of the room was filled by the huge saphire blue mountain that was saphira and sitting cross-legged in front of her was Eragon. Clayton slipped out of Aaron's saddle and aproached with Aaron following close behind. "So" Eragon said "are you fully prepared for your trip?". "Yes Eragon Elda" Clayton said. "Well then, before you leave I must give you something" Eragon said. He reached back and pulled out a small bundle and began to unwrap it. Slowly, a small mirror appeared. "This mirror has been enchanted to allow you to call us if you find yourself in a situation and need the aid of the riders" Eragon said. Saphira raised her giant head and said in a voice that resonated with the wisdom of over a hundred years Be safe, guard each other well and be careful for without each other your existance would be a very miserable one indeed. "Yes Saphira elda" Clayton said. Thank you brightscales Aaron said. "Good then" said Eragon "then go, and know that you have the blessing of us and that of all the riders". "Yes Eragon Elda" said Clayton. Then he jumped up Aarons leg and into the saddle. Once Clayton was settled in place Aaron turned and trotted out of the room.