Chapter 3 Of Dragons and Werecats

Clayton walked through the living area of the rider's city until he found Naomi and Bonnita's home. He found Naomi in front of the large building wearing her bright blue traveling armor with her blue dagger in it's sheath which was strapped to her belt. She was adjusting the strap's of Bonnita's saddle and humming softly to herself. Clayton waited for her to finish while he watched as Bonnita's iridescent blue scales sparkled in the sunlight. Bonnita turned and looked at him with her large sky-blue eyes. Clayton walked up and patted her on the snout and she began to hum with satisfaction. Naomi turned and finally noticed him. "Hey" Clayton said. "Hey" Naomi said "Are you and Aaron ready to go" she looked behind him. "Where is Aaron?" she asked. "Off hunting" Clayton said "But I'm ready to go when you and the others are". "Do you want me to go and get Mark and Dezzi?" Naomi asked. "Sure" Clayton said "I'll go and get Traci". With that Naomi climbed into Bonnita's saddle and Bonnita leaped into the sky and flew off, a glittering blue shape flying off to find the others.

Clayton walked off to find the werecat Traci. As he was walking to her hut he tripped on a tree root and fell flat on the ground. He got up and looked at his right hand which was now bleeding heavily where it had hit a sharp rock. He swore and then said a quick line in the ancient language and watched as the skin knit itself back together revealing the Gedwey Ignausia on his palm once again. He stumbled as his strength dropped a tiny bit and then continued to the hut. Once inside he found Traci sitting next to a small bed in her animal form, a very large gold and white cat, wearing a small pack which he assumed was filled by a tunic, food, and her hunting knife. Hello Traci said, her voice small but wise in Clayton's mind. "Are you ready to go" He asked. I've been sitting here since sunrise wondering when you would finally come here and get me she said. "Why didn't go and wait with Mark and Dezzi or with Naomi and Bonnita?" he asked. Why did you carry your sword here? she asked sarcastically. Clayton absent-mindedly felt the pommel of his red sword, Talon, which was hanging in it's scabard on the edge of his armor. Well, what are we waiting for? Traci asked impatiently. "Nothing, lets go" Clayton said. And with that they walked towards the feilds at the outskirts of the city to join up with the rest of their group.