Chapter 4 The Journey Begins

Clayton and Traci walked to the outskirts of the city. Clayton called out with his mind Aaron are on your way back yet? Yes Aaron said and I'm not alone, look up. Clayton looked up and saw three glittering shapes heading towards him and the werecat from high in the sky. The largest was a brilliant shade of red the second largest was saphire blue with a rider on it's back and the smallest was as black as platinum but still shined in the light it also carried a rider. Soon they grew into Aaron, Bonnita, and Dezzi who each landed with an earth shaking thud and then folded their wings shut. Mark dismounted and Clayton saw that he was wearing his black armor which was polished to the point that it shined and he had his long two-handed sword, Backbiter, strapped to his waist. Naomi dismounted next her red hair almost glowing against her bright blue armor. The three dragons began to converse with each other excitedly about the coming journey. Traci gracefuly leaped up onto Aaron's back and joined into the conversation.

"So are you guys ready to head out?" Mark asked. "Yes" Clayton and Naomi said in unison. "Then let's get going" Mark said. "OK" Clayton said. "Let's go then" said Mark.

Clayton hopped up onto Aaron's saddle and strapped his legs down and Traci squeezed into a saddle bag and popped out her head from under the flap. Naomi mounted Bonnita. Mark got into Dezzi's saddle and strapped in his legs. They all braced themselves as the dragons gathered themselves up and leaped into the sky throwing open their wings and thrusting them up and down pulling away from the ground with Aaron in the lead. Clayton looked back one time and watched as the city of the riders shrank away behind them. And like that they began their long journey to the land of Alagaesia.