Chapter 13 The Aftermath

As soon as Clayton reached Bonnita he saw that the dragon had rolled overtop of Naomi. "She has wards but they won't hold out for much longer whil she's out cold" he said. Aaron pressed his head against Bonnita's side and pushed until Bonnita was right-side-up. Clayton unstrapped Naomi from the saddle and sat her down against Bonnita's leg. Bonnita almost imediately woke up her eyes opened and her head shot up like a startled cat. Where's Naomi?!?! she said frantically. Don't worry she's right here Aaron said and nodded to Naomi. Bonnita probed Naomi's mind and then said She's alright but she could be out for a while. "Okay" Clayton said with relief. Wow you seem really relieved that she's okay Aaron said. "huh?" Clayton said. Traci stuck her head out of her sadlebag and added   Yeah why were so much more worried about her than the others? " Hey! I-I mean no I wasn't" Clayton said.Yes, you were almost as worried as that time that Aaron got trapped in that cave Bonnita said. Yeah Aaron said Your almost as worried as that time I... Wait what?!  "Well I uhhh" Clayton said searched for an excuse. The two dragonsand the werecat burst out laughing and it sounded almost like a bunch of dying tigers. "Oh will you three shut up!" Clayton said. Why? Aaron said trying to calm himself down. Yes why Mr.Romeo jr? Bonnita said gasping for breath from her laughter. 

Soon the two dragons calmed down. Clayton sat down and thought. aaron began licking the dust off his scales and claws. Then suddenly something occured to Clayton, where were Mark, Dezzi, Ashlyn, and Flame? Clayton looked up at the sky and saw them flying in circles above the courtyard. "Hey!" he yelled "What are you doing?!?!" Enjoying the show Flame said. The two dragons landed. "How much of that conversation did you hear?" Clayton asked. Enough Dezzi said. 

Naomi soon woke up and started to talk to Bonnita who didn't mention the previous conversation. Then Clayton heard the low rumble of footsteps. "Hey what was that?" Naomi asked. Then a huge battalion of Varden soldiers walked into the courtyard and leading them was the leader of the Varden Rita.