Chapter 11 The Trip to Urubaen

"Are we there yet?" Ashlyn asked. No matter how many times you ask it's not going to make us get there any faster Aaron said. He growled to himself. Don't worry we'll get there when we get there Bonnita said. 

Clayton decided to try an old trick he had come up with. He unstrapped himself from the saddle and stood up on Aaron's neck. He then carefully began to walk down Aaron's spine while still keeping himself stable as Aaron flapped his wings steadily. He then sat down and held on with his legs and arms as he let himself slide down Aaron's tail. Aaron suddenly figured out what Clayton was doing. Oh, I get it. Aaron said You ready? he asked. "GO!" Clayton yelled. Aaron whipped his tail up and Clayton soared high up into the air. Aaron flapped hard and flew after him after a few seconds Clayton slowed down and began to fall, Aaron stopped in the air and as Clayton came within range he extended out his tail and Clayton slid down it then up Aaron's spine and he landed in the saddle where he sat panting and laughing. i love doing that! Aaron said. "Ditto" Clayton said. 

Soon the group had crossed the Hadarac desert and they could see the burning plains and beyond that, Urubaen. What's that noise? Flame asked quizzically. "What noise?" Clayton asked then he strained his ears and heard what sounded like the roar of battle. Aaron looked as closely as he could from their distance and saw colums of smoke. "Uh-Oh" Clayton said and Aaron quickened his pace as the other dragons followed quickly behind.