Chapter 22 The Cave

Clayton woke up with a start. 

He was lying under a blanket next to a fire and he was in a cave. "Huh?" he said and winced as he tried to move his arm. He looked at it and saw that it was in a sling. A hand pushed him back down and he saw Naomi was sitting next to him. "Where are we?" Clayton asked. "In the cave where you crashed" she answered. "And Aaron?" he asked. "Over there" and she pointed at two large glittering masses at the wall. Bonnita was laying next to Aaron who was lying on the floor with his wings unfolded. "Is he okay" Clayton asked. "He's hurt and exhausted but he should be okay" she said. "But that doesn't mean he was easy to get off of you." He weighs a lot more than you'd think. Bonnita said. She nudged the side of Aaron's snout and he woke up. Huh? He said. Suddenly his eyes opened wide and he roared. He leped to his feet and began stomping around the room slashing and hacking with his tail and claws. Get away! Die foul shadow beasts! You will not hurt my friends! Clayton, Naomi, and Bonnita all jumped back trying to avoid Aaron's confused fury. "Aaron! Calm Down!" Clayton yelled. Aaron looked over and his rampaging stopped. Huh? what the heck was I doing? he asked "You helped us get away from the shadow beasts but then you passed out and nearly flattened Clayton" Naomi said "Then you woke up and sort of went crazy". Sorry Aaron said. It's not your fault Bonnita said You pushed yourself almost to the breaking point and then you passed out. That would make anyone freak out. Aaron tried to walk over but tripped and fell back to the ground with a huge thud. Uuugh aaron groaned and folded his wings. "You probably shouldn't be moving around yet" Naomi said. Bonnita walked over and layed down next to him. But now that we're all okay, Aaron said I've got to ask one thing... What The Heck Were Those Things?!?! "I wish I knew" Clayton said. And so the group sat there and thought. Maybe they're not from Alagaesia at all. Aaron said. "But then where did they come from?" Clayton asked. Hey, I said maybe but I'm not sure and even if they aren't from Alagaesia I still don't know where they're from. "Then what do you know?" That I'm hungry and that I technically am part of the reason that we're all alive. "Fair enough" Clayton walked up to Aaron and pulled a piece of meat out of the saddlebag. It was a few days old but it would still do. he tossed it up in front of Aaron, who happily snatched it out of the air. Bonnita walked over and nudged Clayton. "Fine" He grabbed another piece of meat and tossed it to Bonnita who also snatched it out of the air. Bonnita and Aaron went and both layed down next the fire. Clayton and Naomi went and sat next to the dragons. Clayton felt something grip his hand and looked down and saw Naomi's hand over his. He smiled. About time Aaron said. Hey, Bonnita said don't ruin the moment for them. Bonnita glared at Aaron and he snorted in annoyance. Clayton and Naomi laughed. Bonnita looked at the fire and fed some of her fire into it causing it to flare up for a few seconds until she closed her jaws.  

When Clayton woke up the next morning he was lying against Aaron's leg. he looked over and saw Naomi was leaning against Bonnita. Morning Aaron said. "Morning". I guess your wondering what we're gonna do now aren't you? "Yeah". Well all we can do is take to the sky again and look around until we can find the Razac's scent again. "This is gonna take forever". Not my fault. "I never said it was" Look on the bright side, at least your not the one who has to fly. "Good point." Thanks. Naomi woke up and Bonnita stretched, yawning. "Morning" Clayton said. "Morning" Naomi answered. Food? Bonnita asked. Meat? Aaron asked. "Oh brother" Clayton said. "Fine" Naomi said. "What?!?" Clayton asked. Naomi strapped Bonnita's saddle into place. "Ohh" Clayton said and he strapped Aaron's saddle into place. Clayton hopped into the saddle and tightened the straps. Naomi did the same with Bonnita's saddle. The two dragons stood up and walked to the mouth of the cave. Hold on to your lunch! Aaron said as he lunged over the side of the cliff and took off into the air around the Spine. Clayton looked back and saw Bonnita flying behind them. And then they set off to search for the Razac's scent.