Chapter 25 Leaving Palancar Valley

Clayton woke up the next morning to the sound of Bonnita growling. He looked over and saw her glaring at her tail. Clayton looked at her tail and saw that Aaron's jaws were clamped shut on the last foot of her tail. Oh great Bonnita moaned he sleep-eats. She slowly pulled her tail out of Aaron's mouth then she snapped it on his snout like a whip. Aaron woke up with a roar that could have woke the dead. Naomi woke with a start next to Clayton and they both clutched their ears until Aaron shut his jaws. WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR?!?!?!?! he growled. Bonnita stood up and looked him in the eye You were eating my tail so I got some payback. Clayton couldn't tell but he thought Aaron may have been blushing under his ruby scales. You're kidding me Aaron said, running his tongue over his teeth. Does this look like a joke? Bonnita showed him the bite mark on her tail. Sorry Aaron said. He stood up causing Clayton and Naomi to fall backwards. Are you guys ready to get going or what? he asked. Clayton and Naomi climbed into their saddles. The dragons leaped into the air and began to fly. 

Hey Clayton aaron said. "Yeah?". I think I might know where the Razac are staying. "Where?!?". Well I thought about what they would want it to be like they would want it to be secluded, dark alot of times, high up, and it would need to be able to provide them with food and the only place I can think of like that is Vroengard. "The original home of the riders?" Yeah. "Then maybe we could check there. But isn't there a reason no one has gone there? Poisonous air or something?" Well Eragon and Saphira were able to go there and their still alive so why not contact them and ask them how they did it? Clayton thought about it for a moment and then he pulled out the enchanted mirror Eragon had given him and uttered a spell. His reflection in the mirror rippled and soon he saw Eragon in it with Saphira as a background. "Ahh hello Clayton" Eragon said "Nice to see you after so long." "Hello Eragon elda" Clayton replied. "I have a feeling you are calling on me because you have need of my knowledge" Eragon said. "Yes" Clayton said "Me, Aaron, Bonnita, and Naomi need to go to Vroengard and we need to know how you survived traveling there when you went". "Ahh Vroengard" Eragon said "That brings back interesting memories. But yes there is a spell you will need to know in order to keep from being poisoned by the air". Soon Eragon had explained the spell and Clayton had written it down on a piece of parchment. After exchanging their goodbye's Clayton ended the spell and the mirror once again showed only his reflection. He put it away and explained the spell to Naomi. Soon they had reached the sea and began heading outwards in the direction of the islands. Luckily the wind was at their backs so the dragons were able to fly through the night. halfway through the night Clayton looked down at the water and saw an enormous shape with two big black glassy eyes staring up hungrily at him but then it quickly sank down and dissapeared below the waves with a low moan. 

By the time morning came the dragons were exhausted. Clayton looked ahead and saw a large island with mountains and forests covering it. And in the middle were the ruins of an enormous city. The city itself was small but all the buildings were enormous so that they could have accomadated even adult dragons. Prepare for an emergency landing Aaron said weakly. The dragons tilted forward as their wings strained to stay extended. They landed in a field with an earth shaking thud. As soon as they landed the dragons both collapsed without even bothering to close their wings. This feels a little familiar Aaron said. Not for me Bonnita said. "Don't worry we'll explore the place and look for the Razac" Clayton told them. "Yeah, you two should rest' Naomi added. The dragons groaned affirmatively and closed their eyes. Then Clayton and Naomi headed out for the ruins to search for the Razac.