Chapter 5 The Journey

I'm hungry Aaron said. "You just ate you overgrown lizard!" Clayton said. Do you have any idea how little time you gave me to hunt, I only caught two deer Aaron said. "Oh fine, here" said Clayton and then he pulled a chunk of meat out of one of the saddle bags and threw it and Aaron snatched it out of the air with a loud smack of his jaws. Thanks Aaron said. Bonnita glided over "So where are we now?" Naomi shouted over he wind. "Huh?" Clayton said and looked down at the landscape for the first time. They were over a huge forest unlike any Clayton had ever seen before. "We shouldn't be at Du Weldenvarden yet. Not even Saphira can fly that fast" he said. Traci poked her head out of her saddlebag This isn't Du Weldenvarden, we must have gone the wrong way she said. "Wait! Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Clayton asked. Because I didn't realize it until just now Traci said. Dezzi flew over So you mean we're lost? she asked. Yes Traci said. "What?!?!" Mark yelled. Storm said Aaron, Dezzi, and Bonnita in unison. "What?" asked Clayton and he looked ahead of them and saw huge dark clouds writhing and churning with water, lightning, and wind and they were heading right towards them. "Land!" Mark yelled. The dragons pinned their wings to their sides and dropped towards the ground. They threw their wings open and landed in a clearing.

Once Mark, Clayton, and Naomi had dismounted and removed the saddles the dragons layed down and rested while they all waited for the storm to hit. They didn't have to wait long.

The sky was suddenly consumed in darkness the wind grew strong and it blasted sheets of freezing cold rain at the little group. "We have to find shelter!" Naomi yelled over the roar of the storm. "Where?!?!" Mark yelled. I'll handle that Aaron said and he walked to the other side of the group and put his back to the wind he then layed down and opeed his massive wings forming a massive sheild from the elements. Mark, Clayton, Naomi, Dezzi, Traci, and Bonnita huddled together in the makeshift shelter. "Thanks Aaron" Clayton said with both his mind and his voice. It was nothing Aaron said. And for the rest of the night the three riders and the werecat slept near the dragons allowing the dragon's body heat to keep them warm. And as he slept Clayton knew the others had the same thing on ther minds: What were they going to do now?