Chapter 14 Things Take an Unexpected Turn

After several formal greetings Rita and her gaurds led the riders to a very very large room that was big enough to accomodate the dragons. "So, as you can see there is a new threat in Alagaesia" Rita said. "Yeah the raging battle and flying freakshows kind of gave it away" Mark said. "So is that why Eragon sent us?" Clayton asked. "That is one of the reasons" Rita said. "You have been called here for several tasks but there are two major ones that need to be attended to first". "First of all we need to start searching the land to find where the new Letherblaka and Razac are coming from". "How many are there?" Clayton asked. "So far the three that attacked here are the only ones that I know of" Rita said. "I need you riders to head out and search for them at once." "However I still need two of you to stay here and make sure that we have some kind of defense if those creatures come back." "Sounds like that's us" Mark said to Dezzi. We will stay too Flame said.  Then I guess me and Aaron will be hunting Razac and Letherblaka with Naomi and Clayton Bonnita said. "This is gonna be interesting" Naomi said. "Ohh you have no idea" Clayton said grimly. Aaron and Bonnita both held back laughter. "So when will we leave?" Clayton asked. "Tomorrow at the latest" Rita said. Then I will have to hunt tonight Aaron said. As will I Bonnita said. "I'm coming too Aaron" Clayton said. Uugghh this is gonna be a long hunt Aaron said. 

Rita's servants showed Naomi, Mark, and Ashlyn to their rooms and took Flame and Dezzi to a large courtyard where they could stay. Before leaving Clayton unsaddled Aaron and then climbed on. Naomi soon came and unsaddled Bonnita. "Mind if I come?" She asked. "It's fine with me but then again I'm not really the one to ask" Clayton  said. Naomi jumped up Bonnita's foreleg and sat down on the back of her neck. Aaron and Bonnita leaped into the sky and flew off to hunt because they knew that by that time the next day they would be hunting the Razac and Letherblaka.