I love the way you lie CHAPTER 14

Ahoi :D 
So guys as I told you before I will change the title of the story to "I love the way you lie" but i decided that I'll wait for another day so that I can be sure that everyone knows about it.

ENJOY!

And please don't forget to Vote & Comment ;)

__________________________________________________________

Chapter  14

Sometimes the universe has its way to hit you with the worlds irony when you least expect it.  Just when you think that you’ve finally reached a point in your life where there is nothing that could knock you down anymore, it puts all its efforts into proving you wrong.

So as I shot an accusing look towards the sky, Lisa screeched in excitement, throwing her arms around Dylan as soon as he turned around. He laughed as he picked her up, spinning her around without acknowledging my presence just yet. This, of course, granted me a few further seconds in which I panicked even more.

“Oh my God, I thought you weren’t going to make it” Lisa cheered, snuggling into his shoulder. “I’ve missed you so much”

“Well, I’m beyond glad to see that you haven’t changed” Dylan grinned, lovingly ruffling her hair after putting her back on her own feet.

And then he looked up. There was this long, seemingly never ending moment where we just stared at each other incredulously. I opened my mouth, attempting to greet him but my voice seemed to have vanished.

„Hope?“ He eventually broke the awkward silence between us. I closed my eyes for a moment, almost certain that my Cinderella experience was about to come to an end. I had no explanation for what was actually going on but all I knew was that Lisa was about to hear the truth.

„Hey” I whispered, intently staring at his shiny shoes. I wasn’t ready to let go of any of the Riviera siblings just yet. “How are you?”

„I’m fine, thank you. I must say that you’ve outdone yourself. You look drop-dead gorgeous” He complimented me as he lightly took my hand, planting a kiss on the back. Leave it to him to remain a perfect gentleman in such a messed up situation.

„T-thank you. You look great too“ I responded, slightly confused. For some reason he didn’t seem to be particularly interested in giving me away. Still, I denied myself the privilege of getting my hopes up.

„How do you guys know each other?” Lisa interfered, looking at the both of us curiously.

„Well, we met a few days ago at-“

„We met at a birthday party” I interrupted him, my voice almost hysterical. Dylan shot me a bewildered look as I held my breath, waiting for him to expose my lie.

„Yeah, we did. I guess I was a little drunk“ He eventually responded as I stared at him wide-eyed. He had just covered up for me. Why would he do something like that? “We had a great time together. Hope’s a great dancer”

„Really? We’ve got to go clubbing sometime, Hope“ Lisa smiled, immediately believing our lie. “So when did you get back Dylan? “

„Last week but I had to deal with Chanel first” He said, referring to his former girlfriend he had told me about. “Don’t even ask. It’s a very complicated story”

„Well, she was annoying and retarded anyways” Lisa babbled casually. “Blake’s going to be so glad to see you again! He’s gotten pretty boring ever since you left for Europe”

„Are we talking about the same Blake Riviera? You must confuse your own brother with a stranger“ Dylan stated amusedly as I tried to fathom the extent of the mess I had caused. “My best friend would never become a boring business man”