I love the way you lie CHAPTER 13

A big Thank you to Ophelia for the AMAZING Cover :)

Sorry for the mistakes...I don't even know the basics concerning grammar, I'm always kind of guessing sooo yeah... :D

ENJOY!

VOTE & COMMENT!!!

_______________________________________________________

CHAPTER 13

I had to admit that it was a rather awkward feeling to sit next to a stranger on a big bed in a club well-known for its permissiveness. The silence wasn’t helping either.

“So what are we supposed to do now?” I eventually asked deciding that someone had to make the first move.

“In all honesty, I have no idea” He replied, smirking at me almost apologetically,

Well, that was interesting. “You’ve never been to a strip club before?”

“I’ve never had the reason to do so until now”

“Girlfriend was a bitch?” I guessed.

“Kind of” He answered, smiling at me cheerfully. “But she’s not my concern anymore. Still, at first it seemed like an appropriate time for a sexual encounter with a stranger. Well, if there ever is an appropriate time for something like that”

“You picked the wrong stranger. I’m not going to sleep with you” I replied harshly. He sounded like a decent guy who just had his heart broken by someone who clearly didn’t deserve him. Still, he was a danger to me. Everyone was.

“What you don’t understand is that anyone in this world could harm you. Anyone but me. I couldn’t possibly hurt you even if I wanted to”

I shook my head, trying to get his voice out of my mind but who was I kidding? Blake Riviera was an ubiquitous part of me. He was omnipresent at all times no matter how hard I tried to blend him out.

“I don’t expect you to. It took me a total of three minutes in here to realize that I don’t need sex.” He paused for a moment, apparently thinking about that girl and whatever she had done to him. “I just need someone to talk to”

Well, that was a shock. I was kind of anticipating him to break down in laughter at my flabbergasted expression but he didn’t. He looked almost…self-conscious.

“Come” He continued, stretching his hand out for me as he let himself fall back into the bed. My mind was working incessantly. I had seen too much to trust someone like that. While the bigger part of me wanted to trust him, the omnipresent Blake voice was urging me to stay away from him.

“No worries, Hope. I will not do you any harm. Not today”

The last bit was indeed worrying me but still I chose to join him, figuring that he’d have made a move by now if he had wanted to hurt me. 

“So you’re not used to people wanting to chat with you, I suppose?” He asked amusedly, briefly looking at my puzzled expression.

“Well, clearly not when we’re expected to do something entirely different instead”

“I do see your point” He smiled at me, turning towards me. “But I really want to get to know you. Keep me busy, Hope. Please.”

“How?”