I love the way you lie CHAPTER 16

Blahblahblahblah raaaaat blahblahblah dududududududum!

Vote& Comment :D

and of course ENJOY :D

___________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 16

“Where exactly is this party again?” Annie asked as I searched through my closet. “And is your phone charged?”

When I was fifteen, I had been just as annoyed by my own mother as every other teenager. Her constant questions had seemed tedious at that time. It was only until I lost her and had no one to care about me anymore that I noticed just how much I had needed her to worry about me. 

Annie had always treated me like her own sister, at times more like her daughter and even though she was only three years older, she had always taken responsibility for me. I was entirely thankful to have her as a motherly figure in my life.  

“Yes, mommy” I replied, suppressing a smile.

“Can you please calm down, Annie? You’re making her nervous” April interfered, slightly shoving me to the side as she began examining my clothes.

I took a quick look at the clock, noticing that I had less than an hour left to shower, get dressed and do my make-up.  “I think we’re running out of time here”

“This one’s perfect” April determined, handing me a dress that I had previously never worn before due to its revealing nature.

“I’m headed to a fancy restaurant, not to go to work” I replied, staring at the velvet emerald green mini dress. It was an undeniably beautiful piece of clothing but I was not sure whether I felt confident in wearing it to a first date. “It’s kind of slutty”

I was also not sure how happy I was with the fact that Dylan had decided to take me to the most expensive restaurant of the whole state. There were several, more humble activities I could’ve thought of but apparently KFC or the local cinema were too common for his exquisite taste.

“Hell yes, it is” She agreed, shrugging her shoulders. “Who cares? Dylan has seen you in less and either way, if you happen to meet He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named he’s going to have a heart attack”

“Annie?” I turned to her, knowing that her vote would make the difference.

“I’m sorry Hope but she has got a point there”

Contrary to all my expectations the dress did actually cover up the most important areas but I still decided that I shouldn’t bend down, just to be safe. The neckline granted a deep insight and my black heels were even higher than the ones I wore at work. Overall I looked highly scandalous.

“So how’s the situation?” I asked, turning to the two blondes responsible for my unorthodox appearance. 

“Murderous” April replied, grinning cheekily. “Blake is going to kill you”

“I highly doubt that.” I said, feeling a sting in my chest-area at the sound of his name. “For that to be true, I would have to mean something to him”

Before Annie had the chance to give us her opinion, the doorbell rang. I grabbed my little purse (which of course contained my phone, pepper spray and condoms…the latter due to Annie’s paranoia and lack of trust) before making my way downstairs, closely followed by the girls.

The awkward silence that seemed to dominate the air the second Dylan stepped through the door led me to realize how very often this happened during his presence. There was an omnipresent side to him that I couldn’t quite put a finger on but it contributed greatly to my nervousness.