I love the way you lie CHAPTER 23

Hey guys:) I'm back and this time I'm prepared :D  I already wrote a few Chapters in advance so that I never have to make you guys wait for that long again. I hope that there are still people out there that are interested in this story :)

Things are about to get really intense so be prepared :D Oh and the song for the Tango part (You'll see :D) is supposed to be "Tarrango" by Club des Belugas.

Enjoy, Vote, Comment :D

_________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 23

It turned out that Lacy had an “absolutely mortifying” problem that involved her hair and a curling iron. Somehow, she had managed to burn a small section of her hair off which wasn’t even noticeable but it seemed to be a valid reason for a tantrum in her world. 

“Babe” Blake said for what seemed like the hundredth time, his voice almost too controlled for the situation. “We’re running late. They’re waiting for us and those people are too important to be left waiting.”

She glared at him, tears of desperation in her eyes. “I don’t care, Blake. My hair is ruined and it’s going to take me forever to grow it out”

“But I thought those were extensions?” I mumbled to myself. Lisa, who was seated on the couch next to me, shot me an agreeing look before she took her turn to persuade her prospective sister-in-law to calm down.

Unfortunately, she wasn’t the most caring and nice person, especially not when the situation involved Lacy. “You know what? If you keep behaving like that, we’re going to have to call my father and believe me when I say that you wouldn’t want to mess with that dude. And maybe this is going to teach you to give your hair a break from all those products you are torturing it with.” 

“But all my friends are going to make fun of me” She whined, resembling a spoiled five-year old. “Even that girl’s hair looks better than mine”

I didn’t have to see her looking at me to know that I was “that girl”. Here I was, trying my absolute hardest to keep my cynical comments to myself and hold back my laughter and still she was being a total bitch.   

“I am willing to ignore that remark and blame it on your lack of intelligence if you agree to move your ass down to the bloody car now” I spoke up for the first time, trying my best to contain my anger.

“You don’t get to tell me what to do” She yelled, ostentatiously standing up. Dylan sighed in exasperation while Blake looked at us in mild interest.

I could imagine how weird it might seem to him to have his fiancée and his love interest fight over something as simple as an insult. It made him wonder what he had to expect from her when she would eventually find out.

Before I had the opportunity to reply, Dylan spoke up. For the first time this evening. “Hope, shut up. Lacy, get in the car. I’m not waiting for you anymore”

I shrugged my arms in response, slightly offended at his harsh words as Lacy shot me a satisfied smile, eventually giving in and moving towards the door.

The event was supposed to take place in this rather prestigious neighbourhood where most of the wealthy Americans had their holiday mansions. I had already gotten used to the luxury the Riviera siblings were surrounded with but I was still amazed by the elaborate marble sculptures in the garden of the building and on each side of the main entrance.

“Those are beautiful” I breathed, lightly touching one of the sculptures as we passed by. Blake, Lacy and Dylan engaged themselves in the business of exchanging polite small talk with a middle-aged couple. As Lisa and I waited for them, I noticed how smooth Blake’s every move was, how sophisticated and artificial his smile was and how he emanated pure self-confidence and authority. He was the perfect businessman, a replica of his own father. Charles Riviera was a lot of things, but he knew how to do business and he had clearly passed his skills on to his son.